Higher Sensitivity Causing Iron Signals

So I was shallow water hunting today(saltwater) in Tom Danowski settings. 
I would get a real faint target with sensitivity at 16. 
I would raise the sensitivity to 22 to see if I could here the target better and I was getting iron numbers and tones. 
I still dug the target and it was a coin. This happened 2-3 times
so I didn’t do any ground balancing or noise canceling and was wondering if that what caused it. 
I wish I could post this question on his forum but for some reason I can’t register. 
also can others tell me how they st up there machine to wade in the water

I have reported on a similar topic - In salt water the Manticore is extremely sensitive to the salts and about the max Sensitivity is about 16 (as you state).  In my case, when the control box is totally underwater in the Gulf, a target "blob" is seen in the area of 1-3 on the center horizontal line and the blob increases in size as I increase Sensitivity from 16 and up.  Basically, 16 is the highest sensitivity in salt water for the Manticore when looking for low conductors.  [I also have to use Underwater Boost to hear the target signal!]

Solved raising a little the target separation level.

Hand in hand with higher sensitivity levels.

I just use beach low conductors and with M8 or M11 usually at 22 on the wetsand and 20 underwater I'm fine...

Keep in mind that Dankoski's settings are the reason of a "wanted iron grunt"...Not only the iron but even the falsing takes place with the iron pitch you decide to set.

Keep it at 1 and feel confident in a better response when a good target appears.

My two cents...