The GPX 6000 is a new gold prospecting metal detector from Minelab, coming in the first half of 2021. The Minelab GPX 6000 is a pulse induction gold nugget detector, featuring a light-weight, well-balanced, rainproof package, coil options, built in wireless headphone capability, and quick release Li-Ion rechargeable batteries. See the specifications below for details.
The Minelab GPX 6000 is powered by the all new Geo-Sense-PITM technology, which analyzes and responds to ground signals with great clarity and precision. Now you can detect difficult environments once thought undetectable. Geo-Sense-PITM technology rapidly suppresses unwanted signals via three overlapping feedback systems for superfast detection of all gold pieces.
The GPX 6000 will have three search coils available on release, an 11" round mono, a 17" elliptical mono, and a 14" round DD coil. The coils are not compatible with other GPX coils, having an entirely different connector. The Minelab GPX 6000 will be packaged with different coils in different regions. The Africa model will come with the 11" mono and 17" elliptical coils, plus two batteries. The U.S. model will instead include the 11" mono and 14" DD coils, and a single battery. Mains and DC charging adapters are included, as well as the new Minelab ML 100 wireless headphones.
MINELAB GPX 6000 FEATURES
- POWERED BY Geo-Sense-PITM - Geo-Sense-PITM technology quickly and precisely analyzes gold signals buried in the ground, so you'll be able to ear all gold pieces clearly and accurately.
- FIND ALL GOLD - Built by the world leader in metal detection technology, Minelab's GPX 6000TM is the fastest, lightest and simplest way to find all types of gold in one machine - from tiny pieces of gold to that elusive 'retirement' nugget.
- EASY EXPERT - With automatic features and an easy-to-use interface, you'll be an expert at finding gold from the moment you turn on your GPX 6000TM. Because Automatic Ground Balance continuously adapts to changing soil conditions as you swing your detector over the ground, there's no need to adjust any settings. Finding gold has never been easier.
- LIGHTER SWING - The GPX 6000TM weighs only 2.1 kg (4.6 lbs) with the 11" mono coil and 2.3 kg (5.1 lbs) with the 14" DD coil. The GPX 6000TM features light carbon fiber shafts, streamlined control box, and signature U-FlexTM armrest - detect longer and feel comfortable doing it. With a Li-Ion quick-release rechargeable battery supplied, you can detect for up to 8 hours on a single charge.
- BUILT TO LAST - Tested in the harsh environments of the Australian outback, the GPX 6000TM can withstand extreme heat and heavy rains. A 3 year warranty is included, backed by Minelab's global support.
- CHOICE OF COILS - The GPX 6000TM includes a versatile 11" Monoloop coil for tight spaces and pinpointing tiny gold pieces, and a large 14" Double-D coil to detect gold accurately even in salty environments (both coils waterproof to 1 m / 3.3').
- LOUD AND CLEAR AUDIO - Whether listening to the 'loud and clear' external speaker or the supplied wireless Bluetooth headphones, you'll never miss out on the sound of gold with the GPX 6000TM.
MINELAB GPX 6000 SPECIFICATIONS
- Search Modes / Ground Type - Difficult (Default) / Normal
- Double-D Modes - EMI Cancel (Default) / Conductive Ground Cancel
- Ground Balance - Auto / Manual (Quick-Trak)
- Noise Cancel - Auto
- Sensitivity - Manual (Levels 1-10) / Auto (Level 11) /Auto+ (Level 12)
- Threshold Tone - On / Off
- Volume - 5 Levels
- Length Extended - 145 cm / 57 inches
- Length Collapsed - 76 cm / 30 inches
- Weight - 2.1 kg / 4.6 lbs (with 11" mono coil)
- Display - Monochrome LCD with Backlight (Low, Med, High, Off)
- Audio Output - In-built Speaker / Wired 3.5mm (1/8") Headphone Jack
- Wireless - Bluetooth aptX Low Latency
- Supplied Headphones - ML 100 Wireless Headphone
- Supplied Battery - Quick Release Li-Ion Battery, 5833 mAH
- Chargers - AC Mains Charger & 12V Battery Clip Cable Included
- Battery Runtime - Approximately 8 Hours
- Supplied Search Coils - GPX 11 11" Round Mono & GPX 14 14" Round DD
- Optional Search Coils - GPX 17 17" Elliptical Mono
- Waterproof - Coils Submersible to 1 meter / 3.3 feet and Detector Splash / Rain Proof
- Key Technologies - Geo-Sense PITM / Bluetooth / aptX Low Latency
Note: Minelabs GPX 6000 features three coil options: the GPX11 11" monoloop coil for versatile gold hunting, the GPX14 14" Double-D coil to detect gold accurately even in salty environments, and the GPX17 17" elliptical coil, to find large gold nuggets at greater depth. All coils are waterproof to 1 meter (3 feet). Early information indicates the Africa model will come with the 11" mono and 17" elliptical coils, while the U.S. model will instead include the 11" round mono and 14" round DD coils.
- Bluetooth® Control Enables Bluetooth® for connection of wireless headphones - Initiates Bluetooth® pairing mode for connecting Bluetooth® headphones (long press for at least 2.5 seconds).
- Backlight Adjust Cycles through the backlight brightness settings - High, medium, low and off
- Power On/Off - Turns the detector on and off - Restores factory default settings (press and hold from off for at least 7 seconds).
- Sensitivity Adjust - Adjusts the sensitivity level.
- Ground Type - Toggles between Difficult and Normal Ground Type. Toggles between the Threshold On / Off settings (long press for at least 2.5 seconds).
- Noise Cancel - Initiates the Noise Cancel process. When a Double‑D coil is connected, toggles between the Double‑D Modes — EMI Cancel and Conductive Ground Cancel (long press for at least 2.5 seconds).
- Volume Adjust - Adjusts the audio Volume Level.
- Quick‑Trak - Press and hold Quick‑Trak Ground Balance to conduct a Ground Balancing operation.
Edited by Steve Herschbach