There's Something To Be Said About The Stock Deus 2 Programs

abenson

I've been experimenting by changing the stock Deus 2 programs on targets I'm locating in the wild. I've got to say that at least at that particular site, XP did a pretty dang good job.

With the exception of changing the tone breaks/Hz, volume, sensitivity and audio type to suit you personal preferences. There isn't much I can do to any of the stock program to get any extra depth. Now Reactivity is one you can play with and do a little better depending on your site. But changing the Disc. ground stabilizer, or silencer settings appear to make little to no difference. I think a new user can choose a program for their site, noise cancel, ground balance, set the sensitivity and go without worrying about whether or not they have the optimal settings. Obviously all this is going to depend on how polluted your site is.

I played around with what turned out to be an 11" .58 cal. Civil War bullet for about 45 minutes yesterday. I went through some stock programs and then changed them up to see if I could squeeze more out of the Deus 2. Really didn't do any better than the stock programs. I've did video the target and maybe I'll post it if enough people are interested.

On 2/14/2022 at 6:26 PM, abenson said:

Now Reactivity is one you can play with and do a little better depending on your site

I'm happy reading your words on this subject.

Not having mine here cause I want a 9" not available and with a few hours with the one I tested, I was wondering what will be possible to squeeze from it with all the filters...

It seems will be an easy job indeed, looking only for stability or...An acceptable noise.