Deus 2 Not Detecting Quarters Very Well

shopkins1994

3 hours ago, shopkins1994 said:

Yes. I was standing in an 1800s house that was knocked over. My video shows R5 versus R0 in heavy iron rubble and square nails. Hunt in R0 and you’ll be like 👁 👄 👁. 

Using either extreme of the Reactivity scale will find targets but they will also miss targets. If you are just using R=0, you definitely are leaving good targets in the ground. If you use just R=3, you are leaving good targets in the ground. One reactivity speed does not get everything.

On 3/5/2022 at 7:03 AM, shopkins1994 said:

Why would XP give a sensitivity setting of 3?

I don't know.  But I am more concerned about someone insisting that there is just one setting of any adjustable parameter that is best for all possible detecting situations.  That basically runs counter to detecting fundamentals where the name of the game is balancing the competing effects and tradeoffs of any detector setting.  The "one best setting" for all detecting situations is an elusive and unrealistic concept.

On 3/5/2022 at 6:58 AM, shopkins1994 said:

No luck needed, just reactivity of zero. 

No.  I stand by my original statement.  You are going to need a lot of luck if you seriously believe in universal best settings.  Absolutes like "All", "Always", "Everybody", "Never", "The Best", "The Only" are not necessarily the best descriptors to use when providing detecting advice and recommendations as every situation is unique, objectives differ (e.g., trading off target depth for target separation in thick trash) and usually involves some compromise and balance in settings and tecnique.

On 3/5/2022 at 2:43 PM, shopkins1994 said:

Yes. I was standing in an 1800s house that was knocked over. My video shows R5 versus R0 in heavy iron rubble and square nails. Hunt in R0 and you’ll be like 👁 👄 👁. 

You provided no proof whatsoever in that video that you were hunting in heavy iron (requiring high recovery) and being successful in doing so at zero reactivity.  Standing in one spot and swinging over an isolated target proves nothing in that regard. Yes, we all know lowering recovery speed elongates the audio signal and makes it easier to hear.  That's not necessarily a good thing in thick "machine gun" iron or with high ground feedback noise due to soil mineralization, no matter how many times you keep repeating your unsubstantiated claims that zero reactivity is the setting for all users and all situations.

On 3/5/2022 at 7:03 AM, shopkins1994 said:

I have yet to see anyone show a reactivity of 3 is better than 0. 

I have yet to see you prove that reactivity 0 is optimal for all detectorists and detecting situations implied or explicitly stated in your claims. 

The 0 to 1 setting is provided for specific situations such as detecting large masses and coins at depth in mild, relatively ferrous-free ground (per p. 20 of the manual).  There are very few absolutes when it comes to detecting.  You can't recover targets that don't exist where you are detecting and you can't recover buried targets if you don't have your machine turned on with the coil over the target. 

Other than that, while there are recommended default settings starting points, it is up to the individual detectorist to understand what the settings do, how they should be adjusted for site conditions and target objectives and realize that there are very few settings that work for all situations.  You are doing a disservice to new, impressionable detectorists and you lose credibility with experienced detectorists by proclaiming certain settings are always going to be optimal regardless of the circumstances.

Again, wishing you the best of luck in your endeavors.