XP Deus 2 Depth, Field Testing, Expert Tips

On 7/16/2022 at 5:50 AM, la torche said:

Hello everyone,
Thanks Jeff for sharing the D II depths video. The more I learn Deus II, the more I appreciate Equinox 800, especially for its ease of use.

Would this be the general consensus that the Equinox 800 is easier to use/learn than the D2? 

Enjoyed the video. 

On 7/21/2022 at 8:57 PM, Scanman said:

Would this be the general consensus that the Equinox 800 is easier to use/learn than the D2? 

Enjoyed the video. 

It's true that a detector with more user controlled options is going to take longer to learn properly, but I came to the D2 from the 800 (which I still love) and had no problems operating it and making good finds right away just using the stock programs. Now that I am learning more about the setting options and what they do, I'm really appreciating the more advanced flexibilty of the D2 in difficult ground conditions and it impresses me every time I use it.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

It's true that a detector with more user controlled options is going to take longer to learn properly, but I came to the D2 from the 800 (which I still love) and had no problems operating it and making good finds right away just using the stock programs. Now that I am learning more about the setting options and what they do, I'm really appreciating the more advanced flexibilty of the D2 in difficult ground conditions and it impresses me every time I use it.

Me too, I share this logic, but at the moment Equinox in the field and park program on the nuggets of 0.25 gr is ahead. Deus is able to detect terracotta pottery in X/Y which is very interesting in Europe (Celtic, Roman). When I learn Deus 2, I learn Equinox more, in France they would say "deus II is a gas factory" this may put some people off compared to Equinox which is simpler and more formidable on small objects. I said like Jeff let things be done at XP and let them hear that. In the same way I trust Minelab for a quick response to Deus II .......

• Like 1