What Would You Do

5 hours ago, fishersari said:

😁 I'm sorry that's not my intent. The 600 years old coinage was the 'local' who built the port/fort. The 400+ years old coinage was circulated during colonization's who took over the fort by force in 1511. Majority of these coinage were tin coin until early 1700 which is copper, silver coinage. For me I am more interested in the time period of 1400 to 1600 because of its history and time constrain. Heck for the most time I didn't even care what coinage/items that the ground gave me as long as I can go out detecting and enjoy the sweet sound of repeatable signal 😆.

Just teasin' ya!  I'd probably be the same way if I lived somewhere there was a reasonable chance of diggin' something over 200 years old. I'm a bit curious though. Do you have to turn over every coin you find to to the government antiquities people or is it just "significant" stuff?

9 hours ago, TroyLPN said:

Just teasin' ya!  I'd probably be the same way if I lived somewhere there was a reasonable chance of diggin' something over 200 years old. I'm a bit curious though. Do you have to turn over every coin you find to to the government antiquities people or is it just "significant" stuff?

I show them all the find, usually they already have better conditions stuff. If they interested in my finding, a meeting will be arrange by them

• Like 1

On 1/15/2023 at 5:16 PM, TampaBayBrad said:

You've found a musket ball? Sure it wasn't a big ball bearing? Lol....

I know… but about two years ago there was such beach erosion around the old survivors/salvage/british camp ( could be one or all three, no ones completely sure) that a carpet of musket balls of various sizes, shapes, wired, cut and chewed were accessible. These were beach front and in the first shallow bar.

There were a bunch of west coast guys here and a ton of detectorists showed as word spread.

with work, I got there late to the party but some found dozens. Must have been a huge spill.

then the winds changed, the beaches filled and lights out.

since then, the state and county wizened up about dumping sand and they fill the beach from north to south, it all fills in and moves around but never all leaves. But it was fun while it lasted.

https://tbr2020.blogspot.com/2020/11/112220-report-variety-of-recent.html

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FloridaSon said:

Isince then, the state and county wizened up about dumping sand and they fill the beach from north to south, it all fills in and moves around but never all leaves. But it was fun while it lasted.

The 2 best things about Daytona beaches-1. Tons of free parking beachside (when they get all the hurricane-damaged parks back open). 2. In the 5 years I've lived here I've never seen a dredge pipe or truck full of sand dumping it on the beach.

50 minutes ago, FloridaSon said:

I know… but about two years ago there was such beach erosion around the old survivors/salvage/british camp ( could be one or all three, no ones completely sure) that a carpet of musket balls of various sizes, shapes, wired, cut and chewed were accessible. These were beach front and in the first shallow bar.

There were a bunch of west coast guys here and a ton of detectorists showed as word spread.

with work, I got there late to the party but some found dozens. Must have been a huge spill.

then the winds changed, the beaches filled and lights out.

since then, the state and county wizened up about dumping sand and they fill the beach from north to south, it all fills in and moves around but never all leaves. But it was fun while it lasted.

https://tbr2020.blogspot.com/2020/11/112220-report-variety-of-recent.html

Interesting, kinda like all the ship wrecks close in from Sebastian Inlet southward.

We get a ton of beach "renourishment" over here. Screws things up for a while detecting wise, but you need beaches! Hate the $3 an hour parking wherever you go too. The price we pay to detect. 😒

On 1/15/2023 at 2:13 AM, fishersari said:

😁 more accurately is what mode on Manticore will you use if :

a) Your Main targets coin ID's at:

i)  15 to 22 (coins dated around 600 years)

ii) 45 to 55 (these coins are around  400 years)

iii) 60 to 75 (dated around 300 years that doesn't hold much value to you but collectors interested in it)

b) You've got 6 hours windows to detect

c) The site is mineralized and conductive due its location near the sea. 

d) The site was heavily detected with many type of metal detectors over the years

e) its a time/distances constrain site

Would love to know your take on these with little information's/experienced on you regarding the manticore  😊.

Discrimination is time management.  Make you a coin program in AT general and hunt.  Disc out 0-12,  25-42,  80-99.