Legend Vs X-terra Vs Nox 700/900

14 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Doubtful, I have the Legend and 900 so I am not seeing it as a fit for me  as a backup or otherwise.  But it is a great value and I am VERY interested in how it does, especially at the beach, to see if it can hold its own as single frequency machine up against the Nox and Legends out there.  Certainly, at that price, it's hard to go wrong.  I think it's proven its worth as a solid general purpose detector already

What are you using for phones?

What do you prefer between your Nox and Legend?

Hi,

Sorry, I hadn't seen this thread. 

As I have already told you privately with any of these three units you will not be wrong to begin with. But that's what it's all about, starting...

It seems that we have already forgotten the principles.

I am a fan of speed motorcycling and owner of a Yamaha R1 '08. I would never have chosen it as my first bike.

If you are going to start with a Nox 900 (easy to recommend and even more if the budget is not a problem), what will you have left for the future... a Manticore? a Deus 2?

Or will that Nox 900 go to the bottom of the storage room as soon as the summer ends?...

You should also consider the option of a Simplex and if ID is so important to you with the Vanquish you would be fully satisfied.

My recommendation remains the same as what I have already told you, to begin with you will fall in love with the new X-Terra Pro and if you like it you can always buy the detector of your choice later...

After learning with a Nokta Makro Anfibio when going to the Nox 800 I was blocked for almost a summer (they are completely different machines). The same thing happened to me with the Legend and the X-Terra never ceases to amaze me.

I am now with the VCO audio. dP I'm liking it a lot and both the Nox and the Legend haven't set foot on the beach for a month...

If you are not going to be able to avoid looking at your neighbor with his brand new Nox, buy a used 600 or if you want it new the 700.

As I was telling you this morning, spend the money on a good scoop and good headphones!

I don't like giving advice...

IMG_20230505_201508.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/4/2023 at 4:00 PM, Skyshark said:

Legend (2023 version with carbon fiber and LG30) vs X-Terra Pro vs Nox 700/900

I have reviewed many posts, websites, and videos comparing. What I'd love is more of a subjective view from you gents based on specific usage and preferences.

Usage: 2 times per year at a beach focusing on wet sand, surf, and a couple feet in the water. Rest of the year in some old forest type locations or maybe some parks as well.

Desired items: Primarily jewelry (rings, necklaces), secondary would be coins.

Price consideration: None, pretend all 4 are the same cost.

Please do not recommend other detectors, stick to these lot and let me know your thoughts. Both objective and subjective feedback welcome!

Nox 900.

• Like 1