Blocking The Pulltabs, Will I Also Block Some Of The Gold Rings?

roko

Hi, I'm new here. I am a professional seasonal hunter underwater up to 3 meters on the beaches of Spain. I'm looking for recommendations for working with a manticore underwater. I've always worked with excalibur II until now, but I have a couple of heavily polluted beaches that I bought a manticore for.
The general question is: After I block the caps & pulltabs, will I also block some of the gold rings?

0-02-05-36084c0ff96b2b7203705b1825ef9d836d827b0246c65c65fe28e155a12d5022_6dac3e68cdd9bf9d.jpg

I bet you could block some gold trying to notch out tabs, but who knows how often you come across gold that hits 29-31? I wouldn't block any more than that and use the block only in heavy tab areas. I find a lot of tabs in the dry, but not too many in the water.

Steel caps have a wider ID zone but higher. I don't think you would miss much gold in their higher range, but I don't think I'd try it. Do you really hit that many caps in that deep of water? Are people throwing them out there from the beach or are they from boaters? 

In my area, I wouldn't try notching out caps because I don't get that many in the water. 

16 hours ago, roko said:

After I block the caps & pulltabs, will I also block some of the gold rings?

of course man.. 

ring.jpg.1eb3f0f3ed0f2cc81997ec96d7406403.jpg

rang up 31 to 33.. its not even deep.. double beep.. usually I ignore the double beep with IDs of pull tab range.. but the zing sound much more clearer, sharper.. i don't know if its just my imaginations.. anyway for me.. if I got lots of lots of pull-tab and getting tired of pulltab I will just discriminate it by eyes (by looking at the ID) or sound. I didn't use the machine discriminations pattern.. its messed up with the overall tones ..

In my experience, silver - as well as gold - can ring up ID's like pulltabs.  You can (sometimes) hear the difference, but I dig them all.

On 7/14/2023 at 5:41 AM, fishersari said:

but the zing sound much more clearer, sharper.. i don't know if its just my imaginations..

I know what you're saying, it's not your imagination- I hear it too. I use Prospecting Audio mode and the tone IS sharper when you hit a round item vs. an oblong pull tab.

You develop a trained ear for such differences with experience and time using the detector. It tells you what's down there in a very subtle way. Even knowing that, I still sometimes don't trust myself and dig the tab anyway thinking it may be that I'm wrong and that it may be jewelry instead of a tab. Just to be sure....😉

On 7/23/2023 at 4:46 PM, TampaBayBrad said:

Even knowing that, I still sometimes don't trust myself and dig the tab anyway thinking it may be that I'm wrong and that it may be jewelry instead of a tab. Just to be sure....😉

yea man.. just dig it up. My dilemma with the 'sharper more zing' tones are .. what if (lets say) the gold ring is beneath/under debries of iron? what if the gold ring is next (same or in different depth)  to another non ferrous that emulates the oblong sounding.. 

5 minutes ago, fishersari said:

yea man.. just dig it up. My dilemma with the 'sharper more zing' tones are .. what if (lets say) the gold ring is beneath/under debries of iron? what if the gold ring is next (same or in different depth)  to another non ferrous that emulates the oblong sounding.. 

With today's tech, you can only expect so much from a detector as far as telling you exactly what's under the coil when there is more than one metallic object. Just dig it.

(If only Nike made detectors 😁