Back With XP After Trying Some Other Toys

bigtim1973

45 minutes ago, abcoin said:

Gonna violate the rule I just stated to say that the D2 is a very, very nice machine and you should try one. Ergonomics are great, it's fast as lightin' and you and tune it just perfectly for any kind of hunting.

That's all true with the D2, but the Legend has all the settings and modes for all kinds of hunting as well.

I've considered the D2 as a companion detector, mainly just to have a flagship detector from XP. It's that itch thing again 🙂 Although I have no interest in any detector except for the Legend and D2.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

On 7/23/2023 at 2:37 PM, Digalicious said:

Although, I'm still occasionally tempted to buy a D2. Not because I think I'll find more with it, but rather the ergonomics and that "itch" Tim mentioned.

I felt the same, bought one and sometimes regret it 😂

Can't understand all that XP ergonomic buzz .. my Nox with CF shaft feels more controllable, snappier and not even heavier than the Deus with CF lower shaft. The Deus has a lot of "practical" quirks, beginning with the coil cover, antenna, charging system, screen, menu, popping off remote..

I think it really depends on your detecting style / needs - it probably excels on relics, but I haven't been out on the fields, yet - only dry sand beach use so far. We'll see how it does on/in the wet and on the field.

• Like 2