My First Gold Nugget From Ohio?!

That’s OK, it wasn’t what I was expecting either… 🤣🤣

Sealter’s (?) Gold Nugget.  I can’t find it on the Internet, so I am uncertain exactly what it was for.  There have been some… interesting… suggestions for some similar foil wraps I have found at the same site.

07B1DA6E-53FD-4B20-8681-C4FD8858785E.jpeg

• Like 5

There was a place near Dayton, Ohio called the Golden Nugget that served pancakes and other dinners. Their syrups had a foil cap on them that said Gold Nugget on them. They had a lot of different items with that type of foil on them.

I am not sure if the item you found is from there, but if you found it near Dayton I would believe that is what it is from.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

There was a place near Dayton, Ohio called the Golden Nugget that served pancakes and other dinners. Their syrups had a foil cap on them that said Gold Nugget on them. They had a lot of different items with that type of foil on them.

I am not sure if the item you found is from there, but if you found it near Dayton I would believe that is what it is from.

Good to know, thanks!  This is in the Cincinnati area, so about an hour drive south of Dayton.  Pretty much everything else I am finding here is from the 1930’s to 1950’s.

Geologyhound,

Can you photograph the reverse side? Sometimes it is easier to read the back, eventhough the text is a mirror image. To me the inscription looks like "Scallirs Gold Nugget", but there is much more illegible text around the preimeter that may shed some light on what it was from.

Thanks