Interesting Deus 2 News

F350Platinum

2 hours ago, UKD2User said:

I also replaced the upper section of the stem with the carbon fibre/er stem from Nokta, designed for the Legend/Simplex - it fits perfectly.

Interesting. I've been wanting to do a complete CF shaft on my Deus 2. I already have the lower shaft from Detect ED.

A few questions for you, if you don't mind:

Is this the middle shaft section you used?

https://www.noktadetectors.com/accessory/middle-shaft-carbon-fiber/

If so, did you just have to drill the holes to mount the remote? Is it the same length as the D2 middle shaft? No issues going through the D2 handle?

On the other end, the part where the lower shaft inserts, did you use the Nokta clamp to hold the Detect ED lower, or drill it to accept the OEM Deus clamp? 

Thanks!

• Like 3

Funny .. both of mine have „CF“ written on them. If they are the CF ones, I don‘t want to know, how wobbly the non-CF ones are 🥳

IMG_3775.thumb.jpeg.7c6e6b1e03d2db08999dc3508a782a02.jpeg

The detect-ed is definitely still an valid upgrade, if you‘re using the 11“ or 13“. With the 9“ coil the original CF feels like the detect-ed with the 11“.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rattlehead said:

Interesting. I've been wanting to do a complete CF shaft on my Deus 2. I already have the lower shaft from Detect ED.

A few questions for you, if you don't mind:

Is this the middle shaft section you used?

https://www.noktadetectors.com/accessory/middle-shaft-carbon-fiber/

If so, did you just have to drill the holes to mount the remote? Is it the same length as the D2 middle shaft? No issues going through the D2 handle?

On the other end, the part where the lower shaft inserts, did you use the Nokta clamp to hold the Detect ED lower, or drill it to accept the OEM Deus clamp? 

Thanks!

That is the middle section I used (I actually bought it from Detect-Ed at the same time).

I didn't drill holes in the top end, I simply used a dab of polyeurethane gorilla glue to hold a replacement XP clip in the top end of the tube.

I kept the Nokta camlock at the bottom end - it is a little larger than the XP equivalent (and a teensy bit heavier!) - mainly because I'm not sure if the XP camlock requires the same cutout in the tube (I couldn't be bothered to check!) - it works just fine.

I actually use this rig with the Lite stem - overall it's a couple of pounds lighter than the Manticore (both with an 11").

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, UKD2User said:

That is the middle section I used (I actually bought it from Detect-Ed at the same time).

I didn't drill holes in the top end, I simply used a dab of polyeurethane gorilla glue to hold a replacement XP clip in the top end of the tube.

I kept the Nokta camlock at the bottom end - it is a little larger than the XP equivalent (and a teensy bit heavier!) - mainly because I'm not sure if the XP camlock requires the same cutout in the tube (I couldn't be bothered to check!) - it works just fine.

I actually use this rig with the Lite stem - overall it's a couple of pounds lighter than the Manticore (both with an 11").

Thank you for the info. I'm going to order one and put it on mine. 🙂

• Like 2

My dealer the UK XP distributor told me the new CF marked stems are not meant to be as rigid as normal looking carbon weave stems, the slight flex is there to stop the coil lugs from breaking due to impact stress.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mark T said:

the slight flex is there to stop the coil lugs from breaking due to impact stress

I've thought that's an Equinox thing 😄
I'm using a  CF shaft on that one for 4 years - no broken lugs so far *knock on wood*

And even if it's a problem:
They had years of time and generations of coils out there to learn, and improve their design, imho!
Entry-level machines from other manufacturers come with CF shafts stock these days.

• Like 2

I use a simplex entire shaft. I'm gonna order the carbon fiber center shaft.  With the aluminum center the entire shaft included coil hardware and arm cuff and strap only weighs 1 lb 1.2 oz.  So 17.2 oz which may even be less than the stock deus shaft.  It's also longer by 3" or more so I don't need a tall man rod anymore. I used the Anderson mount to mount onto top of grip to mount the remote or in my case WS6 master.   Works great!  Feels much better than stock. 

20240102_094237.jpg

20240102_094245.jpg

20240102_094241.jpg

• Like 5

That‘s very similar to the one my friend uses, @basstrackerman 👍

He uses a complete Legend CF shaft.

• Like 1