Interesting Deus 2 News

F350Platinum

I was looking for some stuff for the D2 today and came across this news on the machine:

https://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/en/ba/the-blog/latest-developments-of-the-deus-ii-metal-detector.php

When I bought my 11x13" coil I got the lower shaft with "CF" in a circle on it, I discussed it here and we all were like "nah"... But it was a bit lighter than earlier shafts and less flexible.

Turns out I was right. 😀

Also, new RC units and WS6 units are shipping with glass screen protectors, I've seen the protectors but not the CF lowers as yet.

Just a PSA. 😎

Interesting - I have to check my two original stems.. I'm at work atm, but I "think" one of them had something written on it... perhaps it's the one I have on the 9". Detect-ed's CF is permanently attached to the 11".

It was about tíme they change something!

1 hour ago, Sinclair said:

Interesting - I have to check my two original stems.. I'm at work atm, but I "think" one of them had something written on it... perhaps it's the one I have on the 9". Detect-ed's CF is permanently attached to the 11".

It was about tíme they change something!

If you bought the 11x13" coil, you get one with it. Got mine a long time ago and noticed it. 

I got two Detect-Ed stems for my 13" and my 11" and I relegated the XP 'CF' stem that came with the 13" to the 9" coil.

I love the Detect-Ed stems, but didn't feel I could justify the extra cost of a third!

I also replaced the upper section of the stem with the carbon fibre/er stem from Nokta, designed for the Legend/Simplex - it fits perfectly.

3 minutes ago, UKD2User said:

also replaced the upper section of the stem with the carbon fibre/er stem from Nokta, designed for the Legend/Simplex - it fits perfectly.

I use the CF lower on the 9" too, as I have two SteveG lowers for the CF rig I bought from him. 👍 SteveG uses a heavier Carbon fiber tube, at least heavier than the DetectED one I got for my Equinox originally.

We are truly blessed to have SteveG here in the States. 😅

1 hour ago, UKD2User said:

I also replaced the upper section of the stem with the carbon fibre/er stem from Nokta, designed for the Legend/Simplex - it fits perfectly.

I came up with the idea of mounting the D2 to the complete Nokta shaft - straight vs S.
The whole Nokta shaft built out of replacement parts is cheaper, than the upper original S shaft from XP.
A friend of mine did that conversion - worked out pretty well.. swings very Noxy 😅

Just now, Sinclair said:

I came up with the idea of mounting the D2 to the complete Nokta shaft - straight vs S.
The whole Nokta shaft built out of replacement parts is cheaper, than the upper original S shaft from XP.
Worked out pretty well.. swings very Noxy 😅

That's really cool, pics?

Only these:

IMG_3773.jpeg.7ac60194dc7697065f6069a44fb16478.jpeg
IMG_3772.jpeg.d4aacc4b62b3735198662ca4c5bdf17c.jpeg

IMG_3771.jpeg.8d4f23faae11f3d27dd1f0e9f5b6fbf0.jpeg

The grip is not available atm in our shops. If I build a franken Deus for myself, I‘ll try to design a new all-in-one adapter with clamp for the RC.

These were ideas from my first hours with the deus.. got used to the shaft somehow, but still don‘t think it‘s a great design.