Noobie From Ny😅

JohnnyDigs

4 hours ago, Zedicus16 said:

You've got some nice equipment already! I just ordered the Legend myself, can't wait to try it out.

Permission has always been hard for me too. I get a lot of anxiety, even just detecting a public park I hate doing it when it's semi busy–and I've been doing it for 20 years. My friend though was awesome at getting us into almost anywhere. The biggest problem around here is we don't have a ton of history, still love the hobby.

For me it definitely helps to have someone to go out with.

My friend, I totally understand this, I get it, it’s pretty much the same for me but only with the asking for permission. I go to the park no problem. As far as having someone to detect with, I’m always going by myself because anyone I bring this up to thinks I’m weird 🤣😂🤣😂 

they just don’t get it, and I even have the equipment for them,  like that xterra pro? I bought that for my son to see if he would want to get into the hobby with me but unfortunately it’s not for him is what he tells me and that’s ok I understand it’s just not for everyone. Turns out that machine is actually pretty awesome 😂 so I keep it just in case someone wants to come and plus it changes things up for me to 😂. The equinox 600 is a ok machine it just lacks in some of the important features so I decided to buy the legend and dive in 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there Digs.  I am also a newbee from NY, just joined.  First time I have EVER joined a forum and I am so enjoying this one.  People are very welcoming and I feel that I am in a 'safe' spot, reading info and tips from great detectorists who are willing to share their expertise and who don't think that we are 'ignorant' at all.  I have been detecting for years and am STILL scrabbling around in the dirt and not really knowing what I am doing.  This forum has taught me already that it is CRITICAL to learn how your machine works and tones, tones, tones!    Good luck and enjoy your hobby.

1 hour ago, DigInTheSand said:

Hey there Digs.  I am also a newbee from NY, just joined.  First time I have EVER joined a forum and I am so enjoying this one.  People are very welcoming and I feel that I am in a 'safe' spot, reading info and tips from great detectorists who are willing to share their expertise and who don't think that we are 'ignorant' at all.  I have been detecting for years and am STILL scrabbling around in the dirt and not really knowing what I am doing.  This forum has taught me already that it is CRITICAL to learn how your machine works and tones, tones, tones!    Good luck and enjoy your hobby.

Welcome to the forum,  

yeah I’m liking it here also. So much good information.  I’ve been out digging everything and just really trying to learn the machine and its tones. I realize the more targets I dig I can start to pick up on certain sounds but it’s a learning process 😂

im actually on Long Island New York. Are you anywhere near there or more upstate