Manticore And Black Sand

Here is another video of my Manticore at Newport Beach near Santa Ana River at an area with heavy black sand. I made an earlier video but didn’t specify what modes I tried. This one I do. However the default Iron settings are in effect - I didn’t try All Metal. 
Also interesting is this guy’s video that’s pretty close to where I was - he’s showing higher than normal radioactivity there!

Here’s a short video showing the ferrous content:

Ya I've got one beach that I've been to that I can't use any of my current detectors at because of mineralization. 

I brought my nox 600 there and I would get constant chatter that I thought was emi (maybe it is!).  So when I got the manticore I brought it to this same beach and the manticore was quiet but I didn't find anything there.

I finally did a similar test to your's and I could detect a quarter on the surface but as soon I covered it with sand it was gone. You would never know the beach was highly mineralized because the manticore lacks a mineralization meter.  I need to get a pulse machine or maybe a tarsacci just to be able to detect this beach.

Really interesting post. Here in England we don't get, or invent come across, anything like this. We do get pockets of black sand containing haematite, magnetite and other heavies including garnets, all micro.

In some of these bigger pockets, there are a couple of pound a of the stuff along with iron and other collectable goodies. This occurs on clay or bedrock when the tide windows the stuff all into one area.  always worthdigging out by hand.