Correct Charger Base?

I purchased my D2 about a year ago and have just left the charge mains and USB base either plugged into the wall or next to that outlet. I went to charge my detector the other day and found one of my family members had taken the USB base!

I vaguely recall the original instructions mentioning all of the markings which needed to be on a proper base to charge XP equipment.  So I have always considered the original base as dedicated for my detector.  Problem is I never paid attention to it after I got it so I don’t remember what it looked like.  

Could somebody please post a picture of what their charging base looks like? Also does anyone know whether a standard USB plug-in will work for a charger base for XP equipment?

I have attached a picture of the only loose unknown base I have found. I don’t remember it being white and it doesn’t look like the pictures on the XP website. But, I don’t know if all the units are shipped with the black base shown on the XP website.

I am just afraid of frying my equipment if I use the wrong charger. So any help is greatly appreciated!

FCD0D583-C76E-48B8-8B2B-753A1BF4B3CD.jpeg

633783C7-07DF-4F61-B8A4-6F170A673C6E.jpeg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Geologyhound said:

I purchased my D2 about a year ago and have just left the charge mains and USB base either plugged into the wall or next to that outlet. I went to charge my detector the other day and found one of my family members had taken the USB base!

I vaguely recall the original instructions mentioning all of the markings which needed to be on a proper base to charge XP equipment.  So I have always considered the original base as dedicated for my detector.  Problem is I never paid attention to it after I got it so I don’t remember what it looked like.  

Could somebody please post a picture of what their charging base looks like? Also does anyone know whether a standard USB plug-in will work for a charger base for XP equipment?

I have attached a picture of the only loose unknown base I have found. I don’t remember it being white and it doesn’t look like the pictures on the XP website. But, I don’t know if all the units are shipped with the black base shown on the XP website.

I am just afraid of frying my equipment if I use the wrong charger. So any help is greatly appreciated!

FCD0D583-C76E-48B8-8B2B-753A1BF4B3CD.jpeg

633783C7-07DF-4F61-B8A4-6F170A673C6E.jpeg

Here you goIMG_4491.thumb.jpeg.3444e79839e1773b7a2842eac13d2d93.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you!!

Hey Ghound,

Since you can't charge multiple things with that little block, you might want to look into one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08HN6JK7N

They're only around 30 bucks and they do "smart" charging so you're not always disconnecting stuff if you don't get out a lot.

There is also this configuration, just plug in on a different face:

https://www.amazon.com/Multiple-Charger-Desktop-Charging-Station/dp/B075V1HYFS

Wish I could post photos but on Amazon everything is .webp now 🤬

I doubt anyone will "borrow" it 😀

• Like 2

On 2/25/2024 at 7:50 AM, F350Platinum said:

Hey Ghound,

Since you can't charge multiple things with that little block, you might want to look into one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08HN6JK7N

They're only around 30 bucks and they do "smart" charging so you're not always disconnecting stuff if you don't get out a lot.

There is also this configuration, just plug in on a different face:

https://www.amazon.com/Multiple-Charger-Desktop-Charging-Station/dp/B075V1HYFS

Wish I could post photos but on Amazon everything is .webp now 🤬

I doubt anyone will "borrow" it 😀

Thanks! Good to know there are some multi charger options and I don’t have to stick with the original base.

• Like 1