14" Elite Vs 15" Nugget Finder

So I just received a slightly used elite in the mail today. Won't be able to try it out for a week or three. I have seen posts and had the 15" nf recommended. The one I got was a price I could afford. It's going on a gpx 4500. What are the comparisons? I've tried several different searches here but must not be wording it right.

A lot of people favour one brand over another, but realistically the 15" will likely be slightly deeper being the bigger coil, the 14" will be slightly more sensitive being the smaller coil.    Be happy with your 14" Elite, there won't be all that much of a difference.

A Nugget Finder 15" owner will tell you it's better, a Coiltek 14" Elite owner will tell you it's better. 🙂  I doubt many if any have both seeing they're so similar.  The Nugget Finder is a bit lighter though.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Lost Scout said:

What are the comparisons? I've tried several different searches here but must not be wording it right.

Lost Scout,

Nenad is tops, enjoy.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, phrunt said:

A lot of people favour one brand over another, but realistically the 15" will likely be slightly deeper being the bigger coil, the 14" will be slightly more sensitive being the smaller coil.    Be happy with your 14" Elite, there won't be all that much of a difference.

A Nugget Finder 15" owner will tell you it's better, a Coiltek 14" Elite owner will tell you it's better. 🙂  I doubt many if any have both seeing they're so similar.  The Nugget Finder is a bit lighter though.

Kinda what I thought.  Ford vs Dodge vs Chevy debate. 

At least now I have an aftermarket 14" mono, a Sadie and a nf 14x7 advantage. I've spent a lot time searching but but got some deals or at least fair to upgrade my game. Really hopping things work out so I can give them a try in the next month or so. Weather, time, money, life....

I have a few spots to try out that I've been reaching so I have high hopes.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

Lost Scout,

Nenad is tops, enjoy.

Yea, good stuff. I watched it earlier with much interest. Thanks.

• The title was changed to 14" Elite Vs 15" Nugget Finder