Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

GPX Coils, 15x12 DD Commander Vs The Detech 15 Ultimate Spiral DD

On 3/26/2024 at 9:49 AM, abenson said:

I've had the 12.5 Detech DD as well and really liked it. Only reason I bought it was because my 14" Coiltek went belly up at a DIV event and the 12.5 DD was the closest thing Fort Bedford metal detectors had available. In all reality the bigger coils including the 15" spiral DD are within a few inches of each other on a bullet. People might say otherwise, but have they actually buried bullets side by side at different depths? I have and can tell you they're not that much different in depth. But you know what they say, miss it by an inch might as well be a mile. IMO the most important thing is to use a coil you can swing comfortably for hours at a time. It's no fun when your back and arm are killing you, at point your head is out of the game and you're missing stuff.

Would you say the ratio of the depth on the commander on a bullet for example would be in between the 15x12. Say like I’m the middle 13.5 inches Or would it just be the width of the coil roughly 12 inches.

Usually you just consider the width as your coil size in comparison to other coils. I've never noticed any better depth of a 9" coil vs say a 9x14" coil. Maybe others see a difference in milder soil but in my more mineralized soil I don't see any depth increase.

• Like 1