How Or Where To Go To Obtain Beach Permits In Texas

Hello there fellow members of this site, just as I am thrill to finally jump the gun and purchased a Manticore so I can enjoy this hobby, but the deeper the trails takes me, the learning material, hands on and such, is just overwhelming, which leads me to write this, initially i  though of just going towards Galveston Island and start hunting there, but to my surprise, there's areas that the County does not allow metal detectors or states that one is needed, to which more or less this article goes to any Texas beach hunter in particular Galveston, Corpus, how do one goes by to obtain such permits, which County Office one goes and ask for one, if any one has ever dealt with this issue, please by all means educate me about this, further more, since I am new to this forum, I notice that new members aren't allowed to send messages to other full members, i tried asking this topic to a full member but in vain.               Have a blessed day and the best of luck in your hunts each and everyone

The only thing that I knew of was stay off of state parks and National Sea Shore beach with a metal detector. That goes far any State Park land beach are not.

The Best!

Chuck 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Sir, I try contacting you thru a mesage but the system wont allow me, since I'm a new member on this forum, i picked up a manticore to get used to, thanks for your reply, best of luck!

• Like 1

Tx

You might have luck at state parks etc.🧐

Ask a ranger. Sometimes they will give you a pass but there will be rules.....

Don't risk it otherwise , you might need a new detector after they take what you were  using .😩

• Haha 1