Detailed Review Of The Nokta Fors Gold Nugget Detector

Guest Paul (Ca)

Thanks Bob and Steve,

That would be a great idea, Run both side by side and as Steve mentions both are practically identical or as least should be.

I may send my off to Keith Southern to compare my Fors Gold with his CoRe,  Or we may swap for a short spell.

Want to add I may have jumped the gun with my statement of the Fors Gold having less target information,  Tomorrow will see going to remove the handle protective cover and hunt without it.  After looking back at the other days relic hunt,  The clear plastic cover did sort of block the visual ID due to the glare from the sun.  Have high hopes this is what happened in which created poor visual ID of not showing numbers bunching around, That's is needed as be an indicator to dig less iron with some signals causing ID number to  bounce from iron range to positive this can be a tool for us to determine if the signal is worth digging.  

Steve, Did lower Iron mask down some and compared it with weak signals.  Didn't help much but that doesn't mean it is beneficial in which I feel it is,  What it did when dropping down to 2 & 1 was hearing more ground so that was an indicator it does work.  So mainly left between 6 and 10 and it operated well, The short hunt I had which was 3 hours apiece with the Fors Gold and Deus was enough for me to see the Fors Gold as a serious detector, And this was for relic hunting. 

I'm sure the deus would do well for nugget hunting, But if I had a choice would go for the Fors Gold on future gold nugget hunts because it just feels like the right machine for this type of purpose.

Going out tomorrow to the same site,  Long drive but will be well worth the time to hunt old ground up in gold country.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info on iron mask. I will experiment with it next time out.

I used the control box cover but not the handle cover. I find the numbers to act just like those on my Gold Bug Pro and so find the handle display very useful in General all metal mode.

The Nokta is my kind of machine for nugget detecting. The DEUS, as you note, can find gold. But it is like taking a French made sports car to a 4WD outing. Just not really made for nugget hunting.

Guest Paul (Ca)

Thanks Ray and Steve,

Made another trip up there this week,  No silver coinage but did get some cool relics and such. 

Dirt was so hard have to leave allot of signals in the ground,  Still a fun week though :)

Will enclose a new group shot of both days finds,

103eyi1.jpg

Thanks again,

Paul (Ca)

You might want to keep an eye on the companion version, the Fors CoRe. It has a dedicated salt beach mode.

It's unclear at present exactly what the difference between the two models is.

Rick,

I asked the factory in Turkey this question awhile back and here is their answer:

" The difference is actually in the search modes. 

Gold includes a mode more ideal for gold fields and prospecting (BOOST) and CoRe includes a mode ideal for beach hunting as well (COG – conductive ground)."

Guest Paul (Ca)

Thanks Ray and Bob,

Yes, the find upper left corner is from a scale.  Several years ago found two small scale pans near this area.  That was the first time I hunted this site until just recently went back,  One of the two scale pans may be of the same find?

Thanks again,

Paul (Ca)