My Gold Standard

Smithobx

I have this test I use to determine the effectiveness of discrimination vs masking on detectors. I silicone a silver dime inside a plastic lined crown cap(to make certain their is insulation between the silver coin and the alloy cap), in this case a Bud Ice bottle cap. I used both FE standard and the up dated FE2. At FE standard:  FE 1 and 2 the dime was barely discernible showing an occasional 21-23 among many lower numbers. Beyond FE 2 the target became what I think is an averaged number with only a flicker of 20 to 21 on the screen.  At FE 2: FE 1 and 2 the dime was very there showing 25-28 with the occasional 29 with a smattering of low number blips.  Beyond FE 2 the dime faded quickly.  I was impressed with the new discrimination but as always there are trade offs. So now  the disclaimer, this is only one type of bottle cap others may have different results, surface tests may not indicate results in the ground. I urge others to try it for themselves but I think FE 2 is a clear advancement, at least for me when used sparingly.

A99FEF51-DB1B-414D-9FB8-C0D60A83598E.jpeg

• Like 3