New Detectors To Start From Nokta

They have the submersible to 16 ft version for $179 U.S.

Sheesh. That's about $100 cheaper than the X-Terra Pro. Plus, the FindX comes with a carrying bag, a metal digger, and wired headphones.

1 hour ago, IBMe said:

Got to love a company that keeps innovating. They’re taking on all comers, including China. Obviously targeted for Amazon.

Well, it's interesting "happenings" between Nokta and Minelab 🙂

Minelab has the 800. Nokta tops it with the Legend.
Minelab has the Vanquish. Nokta tops it with the Double Score.
Minelab has the X-Terra Pro. Nokta tops it with the FindX Pro.
Minelab has the Voyager. Nokta tops it with the FindX.

Then there is the upcoming Nokta relic and gold PI detectors.

I think it's safe to say that Nokta has become the proverbial "thorn in the side" for Minelab. Now, I guess it's about due time that Nokta puts out the successor to the Legend.

Nokta is really a hard working company to come out with so many detectors in such a short timeframe, probably the top company for new releases by far.

Well, it sure seems they are serious about going up against Minelab. It's hard to deny the fact they are being competitive with the pricing. For the price they have on the FindX($139), it is very appealing to new people just thinking about detecting. And the FindX Pro model for $179 adds waterproofing on the entire unit. They are including a stainless digger, wired headphones, AND a carrying bag.. Man that is insane.

How are they even doing this?

Spec-wise it isn't a bad machine at all. It lacks advanced feature manipulation but does include automatic and manual ground balance.  A very simple turn on and go machine. 15khz frequency. Wonder how it will do?

The only odd/weird thing I see is charging on the regular FindX. Someone would have to unscrew and remove the search coil to charge. That may be a problem or failure point over time. The FindX Pro is like the Legend for charging, meaning there is a separate port integrated for headphones also.

2 hours ago, RobNC said:

Well, it sure seems they are serious about going up against Minelab. It's hard to deny the fact they are being competitive with the pricing. For the price they have on the FindX($139), it is very appealing to new people just thinking about detecting. And the FindX Pro model for $179 adds waterproofing on the entire unit. They are including a stainless digger, wired headphones, AND a carrying bag.. Man that is insane.

How are they even doing this?

Dilek was asked a similar question on a live stream a couple of years ago. Dilek mentioned that instead of making a lot of profit on highly marked up detectors like the competition, Nokta profits on high sales volume.

Then again, Nokta's "Mission Statement" so to speak, was and still is, to provide well built, high performing detectors at a much lower cost than their competitors. 

As much as I admire and respect the technology that Minelab has brought to this hobby, I truly believe that their empire is crumbling. I think the final blows to Minelab will be the two new Nokta PI detectors, as well as the successor to the Legend. The only way I can see Minelab surviving, is if they invent some new technology that is leaps and bounds above the competition. Failing that, it wouldn't surprise in the least if in a couple of years, Codan sells Minelab...and quite possibly to Nokta.

32 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

Dilek was asked a similar question on a live stream a couple of years ago. Dilek mentioned that instead of making a lot of profit on highly marked up detectors like the competition, Nokta profits on high sales volume.

Then again, Nokta's "Mission Statement" so to speak, was and still is, to provide well built, high performing detectors at a much lower cost than their competitors. 

As much as I admire and respect the technology that Minelab has brought to this hobby, I truly believe that their empire is crumbling. I think the final blows to Minelab will be the two new Nokta PI detectors, as well as the successor to the Legend. The only way I can see Minelab surviving, is if they invent some new technology that is leaps and bounds above the competition. Failing that, it wouldn't surprise in the least if in a couple of years, Codan sells Minelab...and quite possibly to Nokta.

Hmm. Anything is possible in these times. I believe the major problem with Minelab is they have always been on a high horse and have the mentality they are the best and accordingly feel free to charge crazy prices. With the way things have went up in cost the last year or so that really puts the brakes on a lot of people spending extra. Meanwhile, Minelab has kept on raising prices but yet we see now a significant price reduction on their newest detector the Manticore. That was unexpected.

No doubt Minelab has proven itself time and time again over the years setting standards others couldn't achieve. But while they were doing it they were also creating some adversaries. Their arrogance precedes them. And that arrogance is not pretty. It appears Minelab enjoys trying to sue people anytime they get too close in competition. A cowardly tactic. Would I want to see Minelab go completely away? No. But I would like for them to stop being so greedy. Their arrogance level and greed approaches and surpasses that of White's at their peak. But we know how that ended, huh?

Minelab has had a good run, they've lined their pockets with gold at the expense of consumers. The Equinox 700/900 and manticore ushered in a new line, one that doesn't make use of the Equinox 600/800's headphones and other accessories. This of course is another money grab/proprietary garbage tactic they have used many times over the years and its getting old. There is no reason why the headphones from the EQ600/800 can't work in full AptX LL mode UNLESS Minelab specifically CHOSE to not allow it and went a step further by only whitelisting their headphones. I learned this when I bought the Xterra Pro recently. Had I known that beforehand I would not have bought it.  Stuff like that has me done with Minelab. I like my EQ800 but no more Minelab for me. I wish them well, but tend to agree with you, their gig is about up.

Don't get me wrong...I think Minelab already showed in the case of the Vanquish 340 how cheap a multi-frequency detector can be...practically, it's still the cheapest multi-frequency detector on the market. 

What does electronics mean at the highest level...
Fighting detectors in the lowest weight / price category / does not have to be a priority for Minelab...

What does electronics mean at the highest level...
Fighting detectors in the lowest weight / price category / does not have to be a priority for minelab

The price offer of Minelab Manticore, which is now 400 euros less.. than mine, is fine... and does not indicate a problem with Minelab at all.

Here in *Europe.. Manticore with a large coil is now available for free.. for many it is a really tempting offer...

On the contrary.. By producing many new detectors, Nokta can show that it is going somewhat in the direction that the Fisher company went until recently... where small changes meant a new detector model...
  simply too many new detector models in a short time.

it reminds me of the times when Nokta created detectors under the two brands Nokta and Makro..

This is an Amazon only detector.

If you look up “metal detector” on Amazon, it’s mostly Chinese brands. Bounty Hunter TK4 holding strong. ACE 300 a little ways down.

Interestingly, having “13” as the lead is good for another hundred bucks.

The MINELAB X-TERRA VOYAGER is doing well.

It worked for Minelab, Nokta trying to move up that list. Hundreds of units a month, thousand if you get to the top.

Everybody wondering what First Texas is doing, they’re shoving 1,000 Tracker 4s out the door every month.

What, me worry?