Metal Detector Legal In Morocco?

Hello everyone, how are you?

I'll go in morocco this Summer and i wanna know if metal detecting Is legal in the country.

Has anyone know some laws in morocco in correlation with It?

Thank you everyone 

On the beach yes. But inland no. You need to get all the necessary permissions for it. Ask local police before each move to avoid trouble. I have friends in Morroco. Where are you going? Agadir?

• Like 4

The guy in this video is detecting on a beach in Morocco, in the comment section he answers a person question as to if they would need a permit, he says no not on the beaches, you can go to the video on YouTube to read the comments.

So it seems that what Shelton says is accurate as far as beaches go, BUT I also read that it's not legal to metal detect in Morocco so I would suggest before going so you don't risk getting your detector confiscated and in trouble just bringing one into the country and also after getting there to check with local authorities to be sure if and or where you maybe able to metal detect.

• Like 1

That is Hammid, my good friend. He lives near Casablanca 😉

• Like 2

On 5/29/2023 at 2:29 PM, Shelton said:

On the beach yes. But inland no. You need to get all the necessary permissions for it. Ask local police before each move to avoid trouble. I have friends in Morroco. Where are you going? Agadir?

I'm going with a camper i think I will be going mostly on the west coast, but with a camper i can go also in the middle of Morocco. Thank you for your helping

That is a good idea to hunt near Agadir and Casablanca. You will find nice resorts there.