The Garrett ATX metal detector was introduced in 2013 and is still in production. The ATX is a fully submersible ground balancing pulse induction (PI) metal detector aimed primarily at relics, gold prospecting, and beach detecting.
"High-End, All-Terrain Pulse Performance. Highly sensitive on tiny gold and extends depth in the most extreme mineralized soils. HUNT ONCE, GET IT ALL." Source: Garrett 2018 catalog
Garrett ATX metal detector
Garrett ATX control panel
- Maximum Detection on all targets at the same time. No need to switch modes to enhance detection of one target while degrading another.
- Advanced Ground Balance Has wide range to ground balance from heavily mineralized ground (ironstone) to saltwater without switching to special modes.
- Quick Iron Check feature Allows the operator to audibly identify iron targets when using a DD searchcoil.
- Quickly and Fully Collapsible
- Rugged military-spec design
- Motion and Non-Motion Modes Provides optimum performance based on your hunting preference and conditions.
- All Terrain use: Weatherproof design for dusty, humid, or wet environments; and fully submersible to 10-foot depth.
- Adjustable Sensitivity, Discrimination, Volume, and Frequency Scan Each can be adjusted with one hand.
- Ground Track (Automatic) Choose from four tracking speeds to have the ATX continuously measure ground mineralization and automatically adjust itself for optimum performance.
- Advanced DD searchcoil Provides easy pinpointing and enhanced detection of small items without having to slow the scanning speed of the searchcoil.
Edited by Steve Herschbach