The Minelab CTX 3030 metal detector was introduced in 2012 and is still in production. It is a fully submersible multifrequency VLF metal detector aimed primarily at coin, jewelry, relic detecting, and beach detecting. The CTX 3030 also incorporates a built in GPS system and wireless headphone capability.
"The Future of Discovery. The waterproof all-terrain CTX 3030 is the ultimate high performance treasure detector! Discover more historical treasures with the most accurate target identification available. With a full colour LCD and advanced Target Trace discrimination you will find more treasure, even amongst junk littered areas, in all ground conditions. Enjoy the freedom of wireless audio with the versatility of built-in speaker and headphone options. With Minelab’s exclusive integrated GPS, you can navigate to your favourite locations and record your finds. Transfer your detecting information onto Google Maps using the XChange 2 PC application. ‘Switch on and go’ simplicity, five preset Search Modes and many automatic functions make it easy for the beginner to get started. Advanced features are easily accessible at the touch of a button for the experienced treasure hunter. With the unrivalled performance of the CTX 3030 you’ll experience The Future of Discovery!" Source: Minelab website
Minelab CTX 3030 metal detector
Minelab CTX 3030 control panel
- Waterproof - You can go detecting anywhere with this versatile TREASURE detector. You have the flexibility of land and underwater detecting as the CTX 3030 is waterproof* to 10 ft (3 m). *Standard headphones, removable headphone module and WM 10 module are not waterproof.
- PC Mapping (with Google Maps) - Upload all of your detector settings and treasure locations to your PC using the XChange 2 application. Attach photos and text to your finds, group them into categories. View the locations on Google Maps. You can also download data to your detector for re-exploring favourite areas.
- Wireless Audio - Have the freedom to detect without your headphones being attached to your detector. With the WM 10 Wireless Module^ you have the choice of using the built-in speaker, supplied headphones or your own favourite headphones.
- Quick Menus (and smart functions) - Quick Menus give you easy access to ‘on the go’ adjustments. Smart functions (Sensitivity, Noise Cancel, Audio, Ground Balance) and a customisable User button allow fast changes to your most used controls while detecting.
- Ultimate FeCo Discrimination - With Ferrous (Fe) and Conductivity (Co) target resolution, plus adjustable Tone ID Profiles, you can detect (accept) the targets you want to and ignore (reject) the rest. With Target Trace and Target Separation, you can identify multiple targets simultaneously for accurate detecting results.
- Ergonomic Design - The well balanced design has all the battery weight behind the armrest for comfortable detecting. The detector is fully adjustable to suit your needs.
- Full Colour Display - The full colour LCD clearly displays more target information than ever before and greatly enhances the CTX 3030’s discrimination capabilities.
- Multi-Languages - You can choose from 9 different languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish or Turkish.
- GPS Locating - See where you have been, and where you are going, by using the Map screen and Navigation Tool. GeoTrails show the ground that you have already covered. WayPoints mark points of interest. FindPoints mark your treasure locations. GeoHunts record your entire detecting adventure.
- Key Technologies - FBS 2 uses multiple frequency transmission and coil-to-detector data communication to find more targets in variable ground conditions. Smartfind 2 provides digital signal processing and precision FeCo discrimination, with colour target information, for the best target identification results. GPSi has very high sensitivity for accurate recording of geo locations. Wi-Stream creates very fast wireless audio with no loss of sound quality.
Edited by Steve Herschbach