Has Anyone Used The 7.5” Dual Field Coil

I was just wondering if anyone had used that coil? I have the SPP and I have the large DF plus others but inquiring mind wanted to know about it .

At a price they asking it would be in my interest to ask here first.

You may ask do I need it and that answer is no ! I’m like a kid in the candy store are a toy store. I Want !

Chuck 

I have that coil, and use it. I also have the 8 x 6 NF Sadie. I think the Sadie is just slightly more sensitive, though they're very close. YMMV. I prefer to use the 7 1/2DF, however. Just like swinging it. Recently I acquired an MJ 8 x 12, which is very hard to find since MJ got burned out in the Paradise fire last summer. This is a great coil on the SL model, and maybe the others.  For tight spaces, and working around brush, I recommend either the small DF, or the Sadie, whichever you can find the cheapest. I'd like to find one of the 7 1/2 Aussie mono versions to test, too.

You'll have to install some spacers on the Sadie to use it with the S:L lower rod.

Jim

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Jim

I have the Sadie coil but I was just wondering how well the 7.5” DF coil worked  

If anyone else is out there and want to add something feel free to do so.

Chuck 

In air tests, the Sadie is better. But in my in-the-ground tests on a 1 gram piece of nickel at 6", and a 1.84 gram piece at 10", they're really close, if that helps.

Jim

• Like 2

Jim

Do you run on your SL with the higher voltage like some others ? I too would like to hear and try the 7.5 Aussie mono coil.

Maybe it’s someone out there that can tell us about it.

One thing about this forum it’s always people out there willing to help and all you got to do is ask .

Chuck 

Chuck, if you are seeking a true Aussie-style single-field Mono coil which offers BOTH good depth and sensitivity on small gold, you should consider the 6" Super Pulse 150. It's the most maneuverable White's PI coil, and it's in-ground depth rivals that of the Miner John 5x9 folded. When Jimmy Sierra retired, I bought out the last his SP 150's. I can sell you a brand new one for $80.00, postpaid. The original price was $149.95. Please advise. HH Jim

• Like 1

Jim

Thanks so much for the offer but I have one and like you said it is a great coil .

I’m just wanting to know what other coils may have to offer without having to buy everyone.

Chuck 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Jim

Do you run on your SL with the higher voltage like some others ? I too would like to hear and try the 7.5 Aussie mono coil.

Maybe it’s someone out there that can tell us about it.

One thing about this forum it’s always people out there willing to help and all you got to do is ask .

Chuck 

Yes, Chuck, I do. But I have to tell you, when it comes to air tests at least, the smaller coils don't benefit much from the added voltage. The extra boost really helps on the larger coils, however. I need to do an in-ground retest on the 7 1/2 & Sadie with both battery packs. That will be interesting.

Jim

• Like 2