XChange2 Windows 10

nvchris

I just built a new speedy PC. Fresh install of win 10. Loaded XChange2 ....

XChange2  locks up the screen at times and wont update any setting on the 3030 or the Zed or show the waypoints...

Thinking of a dual boot with older OS.

i7 6700k skylake, asus mobo, 64 GB DDR4, twin MSI GTX 970 GPU's

Passmark score, 11450 with base settings.

Been using XChange on Windows 10 on an old HP computer and a brand new ASUS computer, no issues. Also have run on Win 7 and Win XP. Have also run on Win 7 on Mac Air running Parallels.

I am running Win 7 in VirtualBox on the new ASUS for old programs and to keep oddball stuff in a sandbox. With all that horsepower might be a good option for you.

If I had to take a wild guess I would say your graphics drivers are in conflict with XChange.

P.S. Edge does not like forums.

I do like Parallels, its served me well over the years.

Turned out it was nothing to do with XChange2, it was Logitech's wireless keyboard/mouse drivers. Updated, and the problem disappeared. odd that it only showed up when XChange2 was running.

A mouse driver conflict? Now that is weird. Drivers are very often trouble however.

Back when I was networking lots of computers the first thing I did on each new computer was yank the sound cards and toss. The drivers almost inevitably wreaked havoc with the network cards. With you running dual graphics cards I figured that was a likely area for driver trouble.

Glad you figured it out - aren't computers fun!