When installing a larger sensor , the average aluminum shaft began to affect the coil - it had to be removed , and the lower shaft was cut in half and lengthened with the help of 1 part of the fishing rod and special glue - the length was adjusted immediately for its height .

IMG_20230812_150606.jpg

IMG_20230812_150600.jpg

IMG_20230812_150548.jpg

When switching to 4 tones , the fourth tone with a higher frequency was faintly audible , and in case of wind or other interference it was not heard at all .
I took the sound dynamic head out of the detector housing - placed it in a new housing and began to look for a location for practical and convenient use .... as practice has shown, the use is best placed at the bottom under the handle ....
The housing is made for temporary use and will be redone.
With this arrangement , all signals are perfectly audible - even very weak ones .

IMG_20230812_150422.jpg

• Like 1

Why not use headphones?

I always have headphones with me - sometimes I use them .
I often have to work in the thicket of the forest ( search engines from Canada and Alaska will understand me ) where there are many different "Predators"... I 'm not going to become a delicious piece of steak with blood on the dining table .

Let me summarize my work on changing Fisher F5 .
1. A slight bend of the barbell relieved the pressure on the hand and allowed to lengthen the shaft of the barbell, which led to a greater amplitude of mach - more coverage of the area in one mach.
2. By removing the middle aluminum shaft and at the same time extending the lower rod, the influence of the rod on the coil decreased, which led to a slight increase in the depth of object detection, as well as an increase in sensitivity to small targets.
3. Changing the location of the sound dynamic head gave a good acoustic result - without the use of additional electronic components.
4. Replacement of the detector batteries with more modern ones .... 4 days of operation on the old ones and 3 months on the new ones... that says it all .
There is one more modernization to be done - improving the operation of the detector on highly mineralized soil ...

My settings of the Fisher F5 device .

"User mode"

Turn on the device - sensitivity 99 .... Threshold set +8 .... with the Tones button, select 4 tones ....discrim to 0... by pressing the phase lock button , we set the ground balance - in some cases , additional manual adjustment of the Ground Balance is required .

Depending on the soil, sometimes you have to use the Freq button - if the soil overestimates the VDI indicator on the target, then we translate by pressing this button into 2 positions .... if the soil underestimates the VDI indicator, then we turn on 3 positions.

"All metals mode"

The settings are normal .

MD test for flat gold - weighing 1 gr. and 0.4 gr.

Test 1 ... the soil is loam - dry - with a high content of minerals having magnetic properties .

Ground 66 ... one window is open in the iron oxide sector .

The target weighing 1 gr. The depth of detection of the target in the plane .... 10 cm.

on the edge ......... 10 see

A goal weighing 0.4 g. Target detection depth in the plane .....5 cm.

target on the edge .........5 see

Test 2 ..... chernozem soil- very wet - contains small crystals of magnetite.

Ground 49 .... in the iron oxide sector, one window is open.

The target weighing 1 gr. The depth of detection of the target in the plane ....... 15 cm. with a slight minus.

target on the edge ............. 10 see

Target weighing 0.4 . Detection depth of the target in the plane ........,10 see

the target is in the plane ......... 5 see

Test 3 ..... the soil is black clay with thin dark brown layers - slightly moist - contains a large number of minerals with magnetic properties.

Ground 69 ..... two windows are open in the iron oxide sector.

The target weighing 1 gr. The depth of detection of the target in the plane ....... 10 cm.

target on the edge ...............5 see with plus .

A goal weighing 0.4 g. Detection depth of the target in the plane.........5 see with a plus

Target on the edge ............5 see with a slight minus .

IMG_20230318_095501.jpg.d07ef303c9ff11d017da836239656149.jpg

IMG_20230318_095541.jpg.ae732b0156eb996db68a571749cdcf28.jpg

IMG_20230412_151051.jpg.72fa5b2ec7331f7ab7e549ad7ab0f1c7.jpg

• Like 1

Test F5 on the pit .... the soil is dry chernozem mixed with loam .... the goal is flat gold.

Gold weight 0.4gr...... located in the plane - the detection depth is 10 cm plus .... on the edge - the detection depth is 5 cm. with a plus .

Gold weight 1 gr. ..... located in the plane - the detection depth is 15 cm . ..... on the edge - the detection depth is 10 cm.

The ground , if the target is a little deeper , drifts into the iron sector .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Сегодня искал F5 во время дождя.... первые 20 минут всё было нормально....потом детектор начал терять чувствительность - оказалось, что вода попала в защиту катушки - пришлось снять защиту и все восстановилось - дальше искал без защиты катушки.

После пары часов поиска передняя пленка с кнопками напиталась влагой и началась проблема с кнопкой включения пинпоинта - он включается хорошо, но после отпускания кнопки пинпоинт стабильно включенным - чтобы его выключить, нужно выключить аппарат и включить заново.....теперь думаю как все Исправьте на другом F5.
Обнаружено 38 целей, из них две ценные монеты, остальное - мелкий мусор и монеты СССР.
Проверил количество проходов F5 с помощью детектора CTX3030 - процент попаданий в пределы 30 процентов, но еще большее количество промахов было отстрелено патронами из малокалиберной винтовки калибром 5,6 мм... .достаточно маленький патрон и он при нормальных показателях в этом грунте - даже Крепление на территории 5 см - дуэт в железном секторе.

Я решил попробовать настройку Fisher F5 для работы на этом грунте, не теряя при этом удовлетворительных целей... и вот что получилось:

Чувствительность 99.....THRESH 8.... tones 4 ....а потом перейдем к изменению EMI (кнопки FREQ) в положение 2 (нижняя частота) - регулируем баланс грунта - потом переносим EMI на 3 положения (выше частоты) )....начинаем охоту за сокровищами ...с этой целью глубина обнаружения увеличилась до 20 см.