Above long post by Vladimir translated with  https://www.deepl.com/en/translator

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I searched F5 during rain.... first 20 minutes everything was normal....then the detector started to lose sensitivity - it turned out that water got into the coil protection - I had to remove the protection and everything was restored - then I searched without coil protection.

After a couple of hours of searching the front film with buttons was saturated with moisture and the problem with the pinpoint button - it turns on well, but after releasing the button pinpoint is stably on - to turn it off, you need to turn off the device and turn it on again..... now I think how to fix everything on another F5.
Detected 38 targets, of which two valuable coins, the rest - small trash and coins of the USSR.
Checked the number of passes F5 with the detector CTX3030 - the percentage of hits within the limits of 30 percent, but even more misses were shot with cartridges from a small-caliber rifle caliber 5.6 mm ... .small enough cartridge and it at normal rates in this ground - even Mounting in the territory of 5 cm - duo in the iron sector.

I decided to try setting up the Fisher F5 to work on this ground without losing satisfactory targets..... and this is what came out:

Sensitivity 99.....THRESH 8.... tones 4 .... and then move to change EMI (FREQ button) to position 2 (lower frequency) - adjust the ground balance - then move EMI to 3 positions (higher frequency) ).... start treasure hunting ...with this purpose the depth of detection increased to 20 cm.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Made a new acoustic device for F5.

The result was good side and rear sound suppression.

The sound is directed towards the operator - even weak signals from the target are heard.

I tore the dynamic head away from the body (installing it on metal stands), which weakened the low-frequency signal - which improved performance in areas littered with iron.

IMG_20231013_163812.jpg

IMG_20231013_163841.jpg

IMG_20231013_163826.jpg

• 1 month later...

Test... air... Fisher F5 reel Detech SEF 10/12 inches. 

Coin denomination ............ metal ............. ..diameter ..... ...... detection range .

1 ruble USSR 1975................nickel ...............31 mm........... ......52 cm.

3 kopecks Empire 1916........copper..............28 mm..................44 cm .

10 kopecks Empire 1906.......silver................17 mm...................40 cm.

1 kopeck USSR 1961..........A-bronze.............15 mm.... ..............37 cm.

10 kopecks USSR 1961..........nickel................17mm..... .............36 cm.

1 gram flat.................................gold................//////......................25 cm.

0.4 grams flat ...........................gold ................//////...... ...............19 cm.

• Like 1

Disc mode or All Metal?

• 2 months later...

I enjoyed reading your posts on the F5, Vladimir. I liked the modifications too.  I didn't like using larger coils on mine just due to it being too nose heavy and how it strained my arm.   You fixed that pretty well it looks like.

HH,

Mike

• Like 1