First Time Out With The Deus II

Barry Meyers

Weather hit 45 today and I decided to go out and give it a try.  I will say watching the tutorial videos really helped and it was easy to get up and running.  

I have the ORX so I have some familiarity with the machine and some of its features.  The noise cancellation is fantastic, had some interference, hit the button and gone.  It was only the first use but the VDI seemed to be a lot more consistent and didn’t seem to fluctuate.

I have the 11” coil, same as the ORX, it is very smooth and light to swing.  The handle angle is nice for me, it’s comfortable and seems natural to hold.

The headphones are very clear and I love that they automatically turn on with the unit.  I will say the extra tones : 2-5 tones, full tones, pitch and square are a huge step up from the ORX.

My only issue so far is the horseshoe screen changes information so frequently, it’s very distracting.  I then switched to the xy screen and ran that  and found myself staring at the screen even more.  I think I’m going to run the xy screen for now, it seems like it gives more information then the horseshoe.  

I will say it wasn’t a long test run, but so far I’m extremely pleased with the machine.  

Glad you like the deus2 after taking it for a spin. Ground!s been frozen, but today should be the day. Yesterday I ran it in my yard running through programs and settings. For first real use I’m going to hit a spent colonial spot in the woods where it’s been many moons since I pulled out any non- ferrous so it’ll be a good test.  I do appreciate all the menu tutorials bc im a deer in headlights when presented with any new electronic equip.