Impressions On Water Hunting With The Deus 2

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Way to take one for us landlubbers, F350! I appreciate your insights as always. If I ever do decide to get my feet wet, so to speak, I'll take the D2. So far, I've not had the opportunity to beach hunt with the Deus II, but I'm looking forward to giving it a go. The East Coast beaches I've been to in the past have some brutal waves and are very popular with surfers, so I expect to take a beating in the water. 😎

Thanks Cap'n!

I'm sure the west coast folks will laugh, but surf here is enough for me. 😀

In Savannah the tide goes out so far that if you're there at low tide it's moot to go in the water unless you really want to go out there. 😀 It comes in fast. Where I am the river tide is only about a foot, maybe 2 or 3 at flood stage.

I did this not only to build confidence in using the D2 in the water but as a shakedown to see what I need to change, fix, bring, or leave behind. 😀 Now I'm probably hooked.

Could have used a pinpointer in the shallow water. The MI-6 and the Carrot are both fine for that.

I would definitely use a lanyard, got this one at home Depot:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-10-lbs-Locking-Tool-Lanyard-48-22-8810/305247876

It's tough, doesn't get tangled up. I may zip tie a pool noodle piece to the shaft but I'm never going too deep. Thankfully my scoop floats.

Soon I'm going to a campground on the Currituck Sound, at least I can lock my wallet and keys in the golf cart. 🤣 I left valuable stuff in the truck here, and stashed my keys and phone in a small bag in the rocks. It's a sound so the waves won't be too big, there's no beach, just a couple of piers you can climb down to the water from. The water is maximum 5 ft. deep. Hope there are no jellyfish there. 🤣

On 6/3/2022 at 9:53 AM, Jeff McClendon said:

I also detected a shoelace rivet

Found it this morning, thankfully it didn't make its way into the washing machine. 😅 Shown next to the corroded nickel. May be a drain rivet.20220605_095857.thumb.jpg.77ab7cdb4f860b909733961e569a6457.jpg