Manticore November

midalake

4 hours ago, PSPR said:

I lived in Orlando for about 10 years.  The winters were like being in Heaven but the humidity in the summer made you think you were in HeII.  After you live there a few years you start to miss snow.

Have you seen phrunts photos of his detecting garb?  Barely above freezing in the mountain morning and he's wearing short sleeve shirt and shorts.  He would be hot right before dawn on the coldest day of the year in Orlando.  And nowhere to (snow) ski????  Might as well send him to the penal colonies of French Guiana.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Have you seen phrunts photos of his detecting garb?  Barely above freezing in the mountain morning and he's wearing short sleeve shirt and shorts.  He would be hot right before dawn on the coldest day of the year in Orlando.  And nowhere to (snow) ski????  Might as well send him to the penal colonies of French Guiana.

Some people can't take the heat and some people can't take the cold.  In Florida you will see some of them break out their heavy winter coats if it drops below 60.

• Haha 2

The rumors are flying now!!  Two comments on related forums today:

1. Its been reported, that one of the engineers working for Minelab, has stated that the Manticore details have been finalized! Should be released very soon!

2. ...they are going to make an announcement next week.

• Like 2

The Demo sessions are rolling out here in Europe.

All kinds of decent metal detectors are being traded in.

Mandy hysteria is reaching a boiling point.

I think the manual will be available shortly, so we should have something of interest to read.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PSPR said:

2. ...they are going to make an announcement next week.

Reminds me of the permanent sign I've seen in some restaurants:  Free Lunch!  Tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Ok all, back on subject please! Before we get spanked! 

Chesroy, lighten up man!! Simon and I go back a bit; no insult intended! We like it light here!👍👍

Ok understood, I took it the wrong way, sorry

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Reminds me of the permanent sign I've seen in some restaurants:  Free Lunch!  Tomorrow.

There is a bar in Boulder Colorado with a big timber over the bar with the words carved in it "Free Beer Tomorrow".  I kept showing up every evening for a week and never got a free beer!  They kept telling me to come back tomorrow.  LOL

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, scoopjohnb said:

I think the manual will be available shortly, so we should have something of interest to read.

That is the one thing that is throwing cold water on my release theory.  They haven't put a pdf of the manual up yet.  I assume they can't sell the Manticore if it doesn't have a printed manual.

• Like 1

Well, not a word from the Minelab folks today.  I think I'll go to bed now and when I wake up tomorrow I'll check the websites again.  I wonder if the decision makers at Minelab know how mentally painful it is to their customers when they announce a new product then not make it available for months.  I think they should have announced a firm date for release back in August when they announced it.  A firm release date such as December 1st, January 1st or even March 1st.  At least then prospective buyers would have a mental time frame they know they would have to wait and plan accordingly.  Maybe the way they do it as its a big secret has some valid reason but it eludes me. [end rant]

5 hours ago, PSPR said:

That is the one thing that is throwing cold water on my release theory.  They haven't put a pdf of the manual up yet.  I assume they can't sell the Manticore if it doesn't have a printed manual.

Indeed according to most countries a manual has to be supplied. And I guess the getting started quick guide just doesn't cut it with regards to safety measures, regulation conformities, etc. etc. When the manual is available online, it will wing it's way to the printers and they can start boxing the production units up.

That's how marketing works these days. Leaks, field testing units being spotted, demo's to test the waters for hungry fish, pre-orders, manuals and boxes out the door to early adopting customers. When the first units hit the ground, you'll have a flurry of social media activity saying it's better than sliced bread. Then after serveral months the grudges and gremlins come out of the shadows.

I'll probably add one to the arsenal,... but in the mean time I'll happily chug along digging left and right till fishing season starts. 

Anyway I booked my place at one of those demo days. French fries, Stew and Beer. A bunch of like minded detecting geeks. And we get to have a swing with a Mandy.

Same with fishing shows, rods & reels. God they feel awesome when you first get your hands on them. The quality shows when at the end of the season when you rinse everything down and still have a smile on your face 😉

• Like 3