What Would You Do

😁 more accurately is what mode on Manticore will you use if :

a) Your Main targets coin ID's at:

i)  15 to 22 (coins dated around 600 years)

ii) 45 to 55 (these coins are around  400 years)

iii) 60 to 75 (dated around 300 years that doesn't hold much value to you but collectors interested in it)

b) You've got 6 hours windows to detect

c) The site is mineralized and conductive due its location near the sea. 

d) The site was heavily detected with many type of metal detectors over the years

e) its a time/distances constrain site

Would love to know your take on these with little information's/experienced on you regarding the manticore  😊.

So many unknowns, I would just guess, start slow and re-evaluate every 15 minutes till something feels right.  Probably not much help, but no matter what you plan you have to be willing to adjust for how the detector is performing.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fishersari said:

iii) 60 to 75 (dated around 300 years that doesn't hold much value to you but collectors interested in it)

Ya'll "Old Country" people just love to yank our collective "New World" chains don't you?  I find a 100 year old wheat penny and I'm like "Heck Yeah, Baby!" 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, TroyLPN said:

Ya'll "Old Country" people just love to yank our collective "New World" chains don't you?  I find a 100 year old wheat penny and I'm like "Heck Yeah, Baby!" 😅

Lol yeah us Florida boys get excited about a musket ball. So many place permissions are not just no but hell no!

But around Daytona has been pretty good after the hurricane. Saw a video just south of the Daytona pier pulling silvers out. Good hunting

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FloridaSon said:

Lol yeah us Florida boys get excited about a musket ball. So many place permissions are not just no but hell no!

Yeah, those park rangers are real Debbie Downers sometimes, huh? 😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FloridaSon said:

You've found a musket ball? Sure it wasn't a big ball bearing? Lol....

A couple reasons I hunt the beach/water down here. It's allowed, it's soft sand to dig in, the beach is close for me, the water keeps me comfortable in the blazing hot summer sun, they don't like us in parks, they use electrified barb wire fence to keep us out of school yards and there weren't many civil war battles in central Florida.

So....I go to the beach where the scenery ain't bad anyway. And I don't have to fight the waves like you guys on the east coast.

4 minutes ago, FloridaSon said:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, fishersari said:

😁 more accurately is what mode on Manticore will you use if :

a) Your Main targets coin ID's at:

i)  15 to 22 (coins dated around 600 years)

ii) 45 to 55 (these coins are around  400 years)

b) You've got 6 hours windows to detect

c) The site is mineralized and conductive due its location near the sea. 

d) The site was heavily detected with many type of metal detectors over the years

e) its a time/distances constrain site

Would love to know your take on these with little information's/experienced on you regarding the manticore  😊.

I would hunt in general mode try to manual GB the machine if it becomes too unstable than switch to tracking. The coins in #2 and #3 are easily detected by the manticore. Those lower conductors in #1 if deep are going to be tougher for the machine to hit and you may want to try the low conductor program (it works) also I would use the deep audio or prospecting audio. 

strick

• Like 3

6 hours ago, FloridaSon said:

But around Daytona has been pretty good after the hurricane. Saw a video just south of the Daytona pier pulling silvers out. Good hunting

The hunting was great for a month or so after Ian. t's been sanded back in for the past 2 weeks.  What we need is a 20 mph north wind for about 3 days. 😁

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Dug D said:

So many unknowns, I would just guess, start slow and re-evaluate every 15 minutes till something feels right.  Probably not much help, but no matter what you plan you have to be willing to adjust for how the detector is performing.  

Will do, Thank you for the advise 

14 hours ago, TroyLPN said:

😁 I'm sorry that's not my intent. The 600 years old coinage was the 'local' who built the port/fort. The 400+ years old coinage was circulated during colonization's who took over the fort by force in 1511. Majority of these coinage were tin coin until early 1700 which is copper, silver coinage. For me I am more interested in the time period of 1400 to 1600 because of its history and time constrain. Heck for the most time I didn't even care what coinage/items that the ground gave me as long as I can go out detecting and enjoy the sweet sound of repeatable signal 😆.

10 hours ago, Yatahaze323 said:

Fishersari, bring some coins with you to the location and bury them and test each mode on them at the location.  It's the best way to really figure out what would work for you in this situation.

Will do too. I will spent a little bit of time to test between each modes at that site. Thanks man

9 hours ago, strick said:

I would hunt in general mode try to manual GB the machine if it becomes too unstable than switch to tracking. The coins in #2 and #3 are easily detected by the manticore. Those lower conductors in #1 if deep are going to be tougher for the machine to hit and you may want to try the low conductor program (it works) also I would use the deep audio or prospecting audio. 

strick

Thank you for the Info. This make me wonder, if lets say the low conductor mode can work at the max sensitivity lets say 25,and the High conductor program can work at the sensitivity of lets say 29 (less prone to EMI and ground reactions) , does the High conductor mode can detect coin #1 much more deeper or equal (theoretically) than the Low conductor mode?