First Gold Of 2023 With The Deus 2

Steelheader

Thanks!  I graduated from OSU in ‘93 (geology), so we were there at the same time.  Although some of the settings appear to have different names, it looked like there were a lot of similarities between the XLT and the Deus 2 - at least as far as the menu options.  Of course I am only judging the Deus 2 by the manual - I haven’t gotten one yet.

4 hours ago, Geologyhound said:

Thanks!  I graduated from OSU in ‘93 (geology), so we were there at the same time.  Although some of the settings appear to have different names, it looked like there were a lot of similarities between the XLT and the Deus 2 - at least as far as the menu options.  Of course I am only judging the Deus 2 by the manual - I haven’t gotten one yet.

If you can use the XLT, you will have no trouble with the Deus 2. I got a used XLT years ago when I thought about getting into detecting and couldn't make heads or tails out of it so I gave it to my son because I didn't know what I was doing and didn't take the time to learn it. Now that I have the D2, I love it, and it has made me want to learn more about it and detecting in general. With your experience on the XLT you already have a leg up and will be really happy with the D2 in my opinion.