3 Gold Morning With Its First Ring

okara gold

Hunted the wet sand on an outgoing tide and found its first 14K ring. Not very deep but a solid 19 ID. It weighs 1.5 grams.

Shortly after came the open 10K earring, with tiny diamonds maybe 4-5 inches in depth. I don't recall the number, but the audio was loud and clear and when I dug it the depth surprised me as to how well the audio sounded. 

Lastly came this tiny whatever it is piece of gold with 4 little leaves that must have been attached to something else. It weighs .6 grams. It too sounded off as non-ferrous metal and was several inches deep. Not many other heavy targets as they must be deep.

I am using the prospecting audio, beach low conductors, speed 4, ferrous limits...upper 4, lower 0 and sensitivity 22 - 24.

So far, I am impressed with its gold response in wet salt sand. 

Went back the next day and only a few targets were found with more sand piled up.

Bob 

manticore first gold ring + earring.jpeg

manticore first gold ring + earring 2.jpeg

Nice finds Bob. I've been on 6 three hour hunts spread between St. Pete Beach and Madeira Beach and have come up empty on gold.

It's very competitive in my area with a lot of detectorists so things have dried up until we get some more depositors back in the water. Water temp is still 68 degrees, so it may be another month or so.

That earing is sweet! 

1 hour ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Nice finds Bob. I've been on 6 three hour hunts spread between St. Pete Beach and Madeira Beach and have come up empty on gold.

It's very competitive in my area with a lot of detectorists so things have dried up until we get some more depositors back in the water. Water temp is still 68 degrees, so it may be another month or so.

That earing is sweet! 

It seems the Winter months have more detectorists on the beach, especially on weekends. I see a lot of snowbirds with a machine in hand. I have arrived at sunrise only to find 5 hunters already combing the sands. Good luck! It will come!

Great finds. Congrats on the gold. Nice shell too. I never find shells like that in Hawaii.

Did you find the coins using the low conductor setting? Just curious because it would seem like they would be higher conductors?

2 hours ago, okara gold said:

It seems the Winter months have more detectorists on the beach, especially on weekends. I see a lot of snowbirds with a machine in hand. I have arrived at sunrise only to find 5 hunters already combing the sands. Good luck! It will come!

That sounds like Pier 60 at Clearwater Beach. Detector haven.

I try not so busy spots and find......nothing. 😆

7 hours ago, matt said:

Great finds. Congrats on the gold. Nice shell too. I never find shells like that in Hawaii.

Did you find the coins using the low conductor setting? Just curious because it would seem like they would be higher conductors?

Yes. That is the only mode I’ve been hunting in when on the sand. When I get in the water I use the surf / seawater mode. Coins bang loudly on the machine.