Artificial Intelligence Is Amazing, Kind Of

I've been away from the forum for a good while, but very recently dipped my toe in again.

One reason was that I have about 10 detectors lying around as a result of my previous intense curiosity about these magical devices,, how they worked, the story of their development...yada yada yada.

Wanting to get together all the notes, copies of data and posts related to various detectors I need find a good home for, I decided to use a tool which I am relying on a lot in the rest of my life and interests.

So, wanting to dig up what I could on a lovely Teknetics Mark 1, factory hip/chest mount - which I need to "re-home", I went on Bing Chat (part of the Microsoft Edge browser).

Here's what I wrote in my "prompt"

can you find any information on the teknetics Mark 1 metal detector

here's the result:

I found some information about the Teknetics Mark 1 metal detector from a web search. According to a post on DetectorProspector.com, a user found a Teknetics Mark 1 metal detector for sale on Craigslist for $100. The seller indicated that he had no idea if it worked or not as it had been sitting for decades. The user eventually purchased it for $25 and found that it worked after replacing the batteries 1. Is there anything else you would like to know about this metal detector?

of course, the first reference link was This forum

Which is, of course,  my post and the resulting posts from December 2020!

• The title was changed to Artificial Intelligence Is Amazing, Kind Of

Rick

Some years back I would take my mother on Saturday to every garage sale In what I call my home town..

You would be surprise how many detectors I bought. The most I’ve paid was 15 dollars and as little as 3 . More than one never had the batteries in it. I’d say the new cost of most was under 125.00 but this was 10 years back and they could have had it no telling how long.

All I can say is they out there and one day you could find a Minelab 6000 .

Chuck