Deus 2 Audio Setting Glitch

mark

On 6/23/2023 at 1:55 PM, Brad Plohman said:

Yes they do, CPT. I just have to do a little shuffling around in the audio menu to get there. At least it says High Square, very hard to audibly tell if it actually is High Square with all the EMI in my garage. I'm going out for a hunt tonight so maybe I'll try it out in the wild.

Yep, I verified the issue/feature/hack (?), Brad.  Thanks for pointing it out.  If you go directly to bone phones as the audio output device, you can only select Square.  Go to another audio device, change it to HiSquare and then back to bone phones, and it’s HiSquare which can’t be changed directly back to Square unless you repeat the audio output switch hack procedure again.  Switching another device to PCM and switching back to bone phones audio is ignored by the bone phones output.  I only have bone phones, but really can’t tell either if they are in Square or HiSquare audio when it says HiSquare. FWIW.

I’m documenting it in my consolidated Ver 1.X update thread.

31 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

I only have bone phones, but really can’t tell either if they are in Square or HiSquare audio when it says HiSquare. FWIW.

I gave it a try when I was out hunting and I feel like it probably was actually High Square. It was hard for me to tell for sure though because you can't just toggle back and forth with one button press to compare. Thanks for documenting it Chase.