Back With XP After Trying Some Other Toys

bigtim1973

45 minutes ago, abcoin said:

Gonna violate the rule I just stated to say that the D2 is a very, very nice machine and you should try one. Ergonomics are great, it's fast as lightin' and you and tune it just perfectly for any kind of hunting.

ย 

That's all true with the D2, but the Legend has all the settings and modes for all kinds of hunting as well.

I've considered the D2 as a companion detector, mainly just to have a flagship detector from XP. It's that itch thing again ๐Ÿ™‚ Although I have no interest in any detector except for the Legend and D2.

• 1 month later...

On 7/23/2023 at 2:37 PM, Digalicious said:

Although, I'm still occasionally tempted to buy a D2. Not because I think I'll find more with it, but rather the ergonomics and that "itch" Tim mentioned.

I felt the same, bought one and sometimes regret it ๐Ÿ˜‚

Can't understand all that XP ergonomic buzz .. my Nox with CF shaft feels more controllable, snappier and not even heavier than the Deus with CF lower shaft. The Deus has a lot of "practical" quirks, beginning with the coil cover, antenna, charging system, screen, menu, popping off remote..

I think it really depends on your detecting style / needs - it probably excels on relics, but I haven't been out on the fields, yet - only dry sand beach use so far. We'll see how it does on/in the wet and on the field.