Gpx5000 New To Me

Toms

This sounds like a wonderful place to be.

Just purchased a pre-owned GPX5000.  Researching just how to use this thing.  SD2100v2 is the machine that has taken me for many, many walks in the Arizona desert. Have found some very nice specimens and some not so spectacular tiny nuggets.  Proud of every one of them.  The ground here is full of hot rocks of many sizes.   Hoping to punch a bit deeper with the 5000.

So many settings and sub settings.  Found on this forum some very helpful information from very experienced people.  Only problem right now I will have to wait a couple of weeks for the temperature to go down a few degrees,  to put this information to use. Only have about 6 hours on this machine so far, finding the normal tiny bits of wire and the normal trash.

Anyway thanks for providing this forum.

Tom

• Like 2

Welcome aboard Tom !

Every possible thing you want to know about the 5000 is probably already here . Many fans of that machine past present and future on this forum . You will be one of them soon......

Ask about anything you can't find .

Where are you hunting and what type of treasure interests you most ?

We ask questions too. Your answers will help us with our answers. 

Good luck with that detector. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 3:39 AM, rvpopeye said:

Welcome aboard Tom !

Every possible thing you want to know about the 5000 is probably already here . Many fans of that machine past present and future on this forum . You will be one of them soon......

Ask about anything you can't find .

Where are you hunting and what type of treasure interests you most ?

We ask questions too. Your answers will help us with our answers. 

Good luck with that detector. 

I detect in the mountains around Wickenburg Az and North. Looking for gold.  Very seldom look for anything else.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 8:19 AM, Beeper Bob said:

Morning Tom, The nugget finder evolution coils really improves the performance. Runs super quiet runs even on very hot ground.

Thanks. I currently have the 11inch dd and mono and the 8inch ML mono.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention , I do intend to purchase a nugget evolution coil after I get a few more hours on this detector.

• Like 2