.925 And $9.25

That's a great haul Dave.

I've mainly been water hunting lately, because I'm pretty much only interested in gold. I just don't have the physical or mental desire to dig large amounts of trash in the rare chance of finding dirt gold. F'n aluminum! lol

With that said, I did try hunting a soccer field last week and disced out everything lower than copper and silver. I scored coins similar to yours, as well as a .925 Pisces pendant, and a .925 ring with 3 stones that check out as real diamonds, but I guess could be Moissanite. Sure I'm going to miss almost all small and medium gold rings, but again, I'm just not willing to dig that amount of aluminum trash. Discing out everything but the high conductors, means almost no trash, almost no EMI noise, and I'm still able to hit on most large gold rings😁

Do you normally cherry pick high conductors when dirt hunting?

Great hunt and hope you have many more like that.

Some times those iffy signals are nice targets also, so next time maybe you can show some gold in the mix. I know that you were looking for good targets, but I tend to dig everything. I can't wait to get back home to grab my 800 and get to swing it in some of the local areas.

Good luck and stay safe.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Digalicious said:

Do you normally cherry pick high conductors when dirt hunting?

Turf hunting (as opposed to relic dirt), I do normally cherry pick coins, to include nickels, but not to include zincs.  Partly just to play the odds and partly just to avoid digging more than needed on manicured turf - I do my best to leave no trace.  Depending on the exact location and my mood, I will often include digging anything above square tabs and below zincs that sounds clean and round.

I don't use disc on the machine though.  I hate the way it clips the audio, particularly when trying to scrub in heavy non ferrous trash.  I run 1 region all tones, normal profile.  Sometimes all metal, sometimes with Manticore default disc which is like 0-5 only.  And let my ears do the disc.  

- Dave

• Like 1