Target ID But, No 2d Target Trace

KDX

I was out yesterday at the local school yard and was going over an area that has a lot of trash and a few coins. I have been digging trash even when I know it's trash just to confirm what I think I see/interpret on the target trace. A couple of times I would get a high 90's signal but nothing on the 2D screen. The depth would be maxed out. I didn't dig them because I couldn't even guess at what it was so I thought it was likely falsing on iron. I was running All Terrain Low Conductors, sensitivity 24, recovery 6, stabilizer off, stock upper and lower preset, one region all tones and enhanced audio theme. On the 2 times I've been out in this area, the oldest penny I've found here is 1962 (first time out). First time out I used All Terrain General, but I think the Low Conductors is better in this area when I watch the screen. I dug my first quarter and nickle yesterday (clad). Should I have dug the deep signals with no 2D image, or was it likely falsing on iron? I only have 10 hours or so in on the machine so far.

If you're in that type of situation again try lowering the recovery speed to check signal.  Higher recovery speeds negatively affect depth, lowering them will let deeper signals come through better.  Even with lower recovery speeds the manticore still has good separation, you might need to swing the coil a bit slower at the lower recovery speeds.   Also try rotating around the signal and see if the signal changes to iron at all.