My Gold Ring/clad Program

NCtoad

Here’s a program I set up for hunting schools, sports fields and parks for shallower coins and rings.  This is for quick paced hunting.  

This program is based off of the sensitive program but could be based off others too, to suit your needs.  For example it could be based off the general (1) program if your soil is really damp or wet.  

Tones-pitch

disc-7

Notch-(7-40), (70-82).  I’ve played around with different notch parameters and I like this setup, but use your personal prefences for what you intend to hunt.  

Silencer-5 (You could max this out at 7, but I haven’t noticed much if any falsing at 5)

Bottlecaps-5

sensitivity-95

Frequency MAX-40khz

Iron Volume-0

Reactivity-3

Audio Response-1

Audio Type-PWM

This program runs extremely quietly, but still hits targets hard.  Like I said above, you can modify your notches to the site.   If there’s lots of foil, raise the lower value of the first notch up into the 50s.  Unless you notch out the lower 60s, you’re going to dig a lot of square tabs but also a lot of nickels. I dug 23 nickels today. I also watch the numbers and decide to dig based on how jumpy they are.  This is not a deep program.  This is for clad and rings in trashy areas.  

• Like 6

Thank for your settings, NCt! That's similar to the Silver Slayer program that I use for parks, but I haven't used the sensitive programs much and have been experimenting more with them lately. I'll give your program a try, thanks again!

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Thank for your settings, NCt! That's similar to the Silver Slayer program that I use for parks, but I haven't used the sensitive programs much and have been experimenting more with them lately. I'll give your program a try, thanks again!

You’re welcome CPT!   I hope it works well for you.  Don’t be afraid to change up those notch settings to your personal preferences.  Let us know how it works for you.  

• Like 1