Sometimes I Just Have Rocks In My Head

Very, very nice.

• Thanks 1

I have a friend whose Great Grandfather & Great Uncle were avid local artifact hunters back in the 1920's- 1960's. They would walk the plowed fields & creeks. They were by no means the only ones who did this but they were blacksmiths, and knew everyone & when the fields got plowed. Their collection, that my friend inherited, (and has added to himself) is incredible in the variety & quality of finds.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, JCR said:

I have a friend whose Great Grandfather & Great Uncle were avid local artifact hunters back in the 1920's- 1960's. They would walk the plowed fields & creeks. They were by no means the only ones who did this but they were blacksmiths, and knew everyone & when the fields got plowed. Their collection, that my friend inherited, (and has added to himself) is incredible in the variety & quality of finds.

I can't even begin to wrap my head around what and how much those old timers must of found but there is bound to be some Clovis culture tools and points in the mix.Your friend is very fortunate to have inherited their collection and become it's custodian and be able to continue adding pieces to it.Texas is an archeologist and artifact collectors paradise with some of the earliest and more important sites ever discovered in America.The famous Gault site is just one of many thanks for sharing the story.

Doc 

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Sometimes I Just Have Rocks In My Head