Ws6 Woes

Elbows

XP instructed me to send the RC back to the online store where I bought the detector. I finally managed to ship it today after some difficulty getting a courier that would ship a device with an installed battery! I am shipping from Ireland to France and nearly all couriers wouldn't take it.

It's shipped now anyway. Definetly not the smoothest or easiest return I have made and there is some questions around my shipping costs as the shop is saying they won't cover my shipping costs. I have informed them that EU consumer rights laws say that all costs associated with a faulty product should be covered by the seller including shipping costs for sending it back. Given that it was faulty on arrival and given the cost I was expecting XP to be a bit more proactive. Not the best experience so far.

I have already spent a huge amount of money on the detector only for it to be faulty, I don't want to have to spend more in order to get a working one.

I'm keeping a follow on this, it's probably the first I've seen of anyone having trouble with the RC. Sad that you had to part with your investment, You can use the WS6 in the meantime, which no other detector can claim.

I recently bought a second RC and WS6 for peace of mind, I had a pretty good experience from a USA repair center.

Please keep us informed. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

A new RC unit has been shipped out. I should hopefully have it by the weekend. Hopefully that resolves the problem I've had. I think it must have been a faulty RC though because I've been out detecting twice now with the WS6 master setup and everything has been working flawlessly. I'll update once it arrives.

46 minutes ago, Elbows said:

A new RC unit has been shipped out. I should hopefully have it by the weekend. Hopefully that resolves the problem I've had. I think it must have been a faulty RC though because I've been out detecting twice now with the WS6 master setup and everything has been working flawlessly. I'll update once it arrives.

Excellent! Sorry you had to go through that, congrats on using the WS6 as a spare. 🙂 Good luck with your new RC!

🍀

The new RC unit turned up today. I have it charging at the moment but gave it a quick test and everything seems to be working perfectly! 

It was definitely a hardware issue with the other unit. This unit pairs instantly with the coil and headphones even over distance unlike the old one.

Looking forward to getting out not and trying the full set up.