14 hours ago, HardPack said:

The box appears large enough for a small mppt solar charge controller if needed.

i use a ammo box that cost me around $20 and it is large enough to place my charge controller. I installed a switch on the side to transfer the charge from one set of batteries to the backup set. Always got ready to use power after about 6 hours of charge.

The ammo box has 2 locking tabs as they are just a little wider.

There’s a link to a vendor with DIY Lithium battery kits and several YouTube “How to” videos:

https://jag35.com/

The vendor has developed a stackable PCB system for several types of Li batteries which does not require welding or soldering the batteries banks in series or parallel. You can expand the stack to fit your needs plus add a BMS (battery management system) board, DC/AC invertors, solar charge controller, etc. He also has an “ammo can” setup which may be a good fit for the wet of placer claims. 

I have a small truck camper equipped with solar/LFP which allows for dc battery recharging via an interior 12v/10a car plug. Also installed an exterior solar plug so a portable solar panel could be kept in the sun. A USB plug can also be inserted into the car plug for additional device charging. If equipped you can also recharge via a vehicle 12v car plug while traveling down the road. Lots of flexible options out there.