Simplex Ultra ...a Few Finds.

Thought I would take my Nokta Ultra out in between the rains here in California for a short hunt. I have to say the more I use it the better I like it. Haven't had much luck on gold lately so relics or whatever comes out of the ground is fine with me. Found 3 buttons, the small anchor button is the better of the 3, chinese coin, and perhaps a hand forged  crevice tool

20240208_200030.jpg

20240207_113952.jpg

20240207_113851.jpg

20240207_105821.jpg

Those are some nice finds. You are in a good area.

1 hour ago, JCR said:

Those are some nice finds. You are in a good area.

Thanks JCR, the area is riddled with old placer camps. The key is to find the flat spots and just dig in all metal in order to find them. I'll be going back that's for sure. Need to get the smaller coil for trashy areas, think it's the sp24 coil for simplex machines. 

Sounds like a good area to find some bottles in trash dump spots.

20 minutes ago, JCR said:

Sounds like a good area to find some bottles in trash dump 

I wish I knew how to locate them. Seems like bottles are buried in these areas, I don't have the experience digging them up . I youtubed some channels and they use like probes. Those fellas are pretty good at it.

Around here, any trash that could not be burned like glass & metal was dumped in a nearby low spot or gully or down into a ravine.  You can use a detector with a standard large coil to find the large area signal of Iron. Once found, a probe works very well to feel what is down there. Glass, metal, rocks, roots & both disturbed & undisturbed soil all have their own feel.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2024 at 9:18 AM, JCR said:

Around here, any trash that could not be burned like glass & metal was dumped in a nearby low spot or gully or down into a ravine.  You can use a detector with a standard large coil to find the large area signal of Iron. Once found, a probe works very well to feel what is down there. Glass, metal, rocks, roots & both disturbed & undisturbed soil all have their own feel.

Interesting,  thanks for reducing my learning curve. I am going to weld up some steel rods and make some probes and give it a go. 

Use spring steel; like the tension rods used to hold up the trunk deck lids of older passenger cars.