Were You One Of The Lucky Ones? Algo Force E1500

So it looks like Algo Force has already sold out of their new Pulse Induction E1300 offering.  That's amazing!  Congratulations to Algo Force!  Were you lucky enough to get one?  I know we in the U.S. are temporarily froze out pending FCC certification.  But apparently a lot of Aussies and KIWI's couldn't wait to get their hands on one.

HOWEVER... Did you get Doc's Nugget Stalker Cover Set to protect your new Investment?

Doc

2024-02-1712_37_19.thumb.jpg.429c7e112830868d486124f5e5c2a836.jpg

2024-02-1712_36_23.thumb.jpg.e512f24383b4f5bbe91388b5f5a53e67.jpg

2024-02-1712_34_40.thumb.jpg.de55a245a84a329d57520a481fc45bc1.jpg

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Purplehays69 said:

Make a nice cover for the battery area. That drops kinda like a set of red jammies with  the button pooper flap....

Not a bad idea at all.  That battery needs to be protected.  I think my go to design, with the single layer conveyor belt type material on the bottom would be good protection and it's easy to wipe off with a damp cloth.

Surprisingly enough the battery secures quite nicely with the provided Velcro type straps.  I think I would still be tempted to stitch some fuzzy tabs on the inside of the strap, and the opposing hook side with adhesive back onto the battery to make sure it can't work its way out of there.

My biggest problem is I don't know what kind of market there is right now.  I have no idea how many have been sold in OZ and NZ.  You can't really make these covers in 5's and 10's it's too expensive.  You need to make at least 500 at a time, to keep the retail cost down.

Doc

• Like 4

Might be best to wait until they hit the USA, DD Leather in OZ that make most the GPX and GPZ covers people use in AU/NZ are looking at making covers for it too, so you'd have competition in this part of the world.  

The battery cover I think is the most important cover, and it has to be super lightweight, or it just makes a light detector heavy.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

Might be best to wait until they hit the USA, DD Leather in OZ that make most the GPX and GPZ covers people use are looking at making covers for it too, so you'd have competition in this part of the world.  

The battery cover I think is the most important cover, and it has to be super lightweight, or it just makes a light detector heavy.

Phrunt even my covers for the GPZ7000 and the GPX6000 only weigh 8 ounces.  This arm cuff cover and the head cover weigh 3 ounces.

I send a lot of merchandise to Australia every week.  Especially my covers. My Nugget Stalker® covers are much more expensive and have a lot more detail.  They appeal to a different buyer. 

But I agree with you, I have no sense of how many have ALGO Force Units have been sold.  But I have a couple of dealers in OZ that would offer my covers for sale, if I made them available.

Take care,

Doc

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Doc said:

Phrunt even my covers for the GPZ7000 and the GPX6000 only weigh 8 ounces.  This arm cuff cover and the head cover weigh 3 ounces.

You're one step ahead of me already Doc, I've never had the pleasure of using one of your covers.

Your covers sound like they will do the trick just nicely.  I now know the quality of your products, second to none, your control pod cover looks great, and good for beach hunters to keep the salt off, the battery cover I think is near vital for the Algo to protect it and hold it tight into place and if you do it right it will be a hit.  The Algo is so light it's not top heavy like the Gold Monster and detectors that like to fall over, I thought its little feet were an odd choice but thus far I've found it a very easy to put down detector that likes to sit upright, so hopefully the battery cover and pod covers you design don't change that.

I have no concerns about your ability to do great products, you're an innovator for sure and will likely exceed my expectations. 

• Like 1