Spring 2024

In my little remnant of Eden, the best time of the year to be out of doors and especially to be detecting is late Autumn to early Summer.  Springtime means the grass & weeds will soon be getting tall & the bugs will be out & hungry and I better get busy hunting.  And just like every other year, Spring took me by surprise again.   Now I have to decide; do I go detect that spot I have been putting off or plant potatoes?   Guess I will have to make time for both.                          JHRSpringflowers.JPG.ec4358c6a8bf09c51a28eb54c8d4b5d1.JPG

• Like 4

Very picturesque!

What detector is that, by the way? I don't recognize the build or the control pad layout.

5 hours ago, glacialgold said:

Very picturesque!

What detector is that, by the way? I don't recognize the build or the control pad layout.

Rutus Versa w/ DD23 coil.      The site is where the home of a great man once stood. It is now a County park but unfrequented. I am fortunate to have been able to dig some nice relics & items that belonged to him. Those are his flowers, they still remember.  He was a gentle man and a gardener among other virtues. Born 1815, died 1905. A friend of my Great, great grandfather.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wasatchgold said:

jCR,

potatoes are less than a dollar a pound, the hunt is worth more than that!

That's my wife's logic.  I just can't but help planting a little something each year.