Another Manticore Story

Hey all,

I know some of you like reading my stories about the Manticore. The newly released issue of American Digger Magazine (March - April 2024) has a new column called, American Digger on the Road.

Since I'm always on the road, the owner, Butch Holcombe, thought I'd fit right in. I have an story called, Dirt Fishin' in West Virginia. I used my Manticore for this story and found some pretty interesting finds. You can find the column on page number 67.

Lastly, in the fall of 2023, I attended Ka-Do-Ha's Treasure Fest, in Arkansas, and wrote about the event. If you've never attended a seeded hunt, they are a lot of fun because you get to interact with so many other like-minded dectorists. The added benefit is that you get to put your hands on new equipment, meet many popular YouTubers, and of course, find treasure. This story is on page number 43. Even though I used the Manticore at the Treasure Fest, I manly focused on the event for this story.

Hope you all are finding a lot of treasures this week. I'm STILL looking at over three-feet of snow on the Kenai Peninsula. I'm getting so desperate, I'm going to start detecting snow banks pretty soon if the weather doesn't improve. Have any of you ever done that? Surely all those gloves being taken off to retrieve car keys has to leave a ring or two on the ground. And just maybe, a snow plow pushed the ring to the side of the parking lot. Desperate times people! LOL 

Best,

John

• Like 4

Yup, where the snow gets piled in parking lots has proven good hunting.  But you do have to wait for it to melt some what.  

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 7:34 PM, CoinShooter said:

Have any of you ever done that? Surely all those gloves being taken off to retrieve car keys has to leave a ring or two on the ground. And just maybe, a snow plow pushed the ring to the side of the parking lot. 

I used to wait until the snowbanks were melting in the parking lots and just walk around using my visual eyeball detector. Found a beat up silver ring once, some currency and car keys.  Ya never know

• Like 1

Hey thanks for the response. If you found some neat stuff visually, hopefully I'll find some good finds detecting.

Finally getting into the 30's here this week. I'm so ready!

John

• Like 1