New To The Forum, From Washington State

lobokai

Hey All,

My favorite haunt is a group of closed claims in the hills along a lava bed nearby. Also hit schools, fairground, parks, camping spots, trails and dirt roads along the claims.

Detectors:

Bounty Hunter Land Ranger (original, not the Pro)

Quickdraw ll (same vintage)

Pointers:

F-Pulse (love this thing)

Home brew pointer made from a lumber scanning wand with a beefed up coil on ferrite core

Coils:

Standard 8" BH coil

4" BH coil

10" BH coil

(New) CORS Fortune (NEL Sharpshooter) 9.5" x 5.5" DD coil

Welcome from Maine!  My detecting journey started in your state back in 1999.  The Tracker IV was my first machine, then the quick Draw 2. I went from there to many different machines.  I always kept some Bounty Hunter units in my arsenal because of the discrimination skills they have.   George Payne established some decent circuitry on those grounds.   Others have followed.  I have at least a dozen Bounty Huter machines today.  They are solid when it comes to picking out the good stuff.

• Like 1

Welcome from East Texas.

• Like 1

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the reply. Land Ranger w/ CORS Fortune DD coil is my go-to for gold or older sites where I want to be sure not to miss deeper stuff (i.e casch, old coins), but the Quick Draw 2 is my favorite for scanning trashy camp sites, parks and schools. Thinking about getting a CORS Shrew for the QD2, I think it might be a great match to narrow the zone and pick out some older coins.

My memories of Bounty Hunter MD'ers go back to the 1970's! Great machines! Welcome to the Forum!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JCR said:

Welcome from East Texas.

Thanks JCR.

1 hour ago, CalReg said:

My memories of Bounty Hunter MD'ers go back to the 1970's! Great machines! Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks. Yup BH made serious detecting affordable enough that even I could afford one or two or three.

Best hobby ever, life is good.

Luck to ya!

• Like 1

At the crossroads of the Columbia River Gorge and the Cascade Range ... Carson, WA

I see you're in Republic, bet it's beautiful there, and no doubt, a great place to swing a coil.

Apparently Republic is the gold capital of Washington State. 8 million ounces and still going. But few places for prospecting, it's all deep hard rock stuff. Almost ended up in White Salmon, gorgeous area.

• Like 1