Like A Hot Summer's Day Today....... Winter Storm Forcast Tomorrow Night. Crazy Weather In My Neck Of The Woods.

15 °C/59.0 °F was what it was today. (probably even hotter in the valley, south facing slope) I got out this morning and had  some serious gold getting in mind. I drove to an area which sometimes opens up early in the spring. Good karma today!

march18.JPG.3d436df7cf885d4f5b1ee157397d4e29.JPG

I brought along my climbing rope along. I work healing people with broken bones at a hospital for a living. I don't want to be a patient on my unit. It's nice to have a unit that runs on a 12 volt battery. The highbanker is ABS plastic, strong and light. No gas pump, heavy hoses or gasoline to tag along. My unit runs quiet all day, and allows me to hear all the bird's sounds with spring mating in mind.

march18a.JPG.efff8fc3b5499075ae98d1715eeab843.JPG

I safely made it to the river's edge. A thick layer of ice was still intact in most places on the banks.

march18b.JPG.b7f4a897d733bf88a8dfef323110191b.JPG

I did manage to find a small open, exposed area. Hacked another 10 feet more with my shovel to expose some more gravel.

march18c.JPG.5e06aa1dcf9f8a06506fea41679b008a.JPG

The gravel had a lot of sticky silt mixed with it and little gold, so I dug up a lot of dead vegetation and washed the roots in my hopper. That got me more gold then just the gravel.

march18e.JPG.4f1f4be9508aa3cef41de21eca284ebf.JPG

Here's the flour gold after my final clean-up. I might head down again tomorrow if the weather is suitable.

• Like 7

That's a nice amount of flour that you recovered , how much came from the roots.

Good luck on your next outing, and stay safe out there.

11 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

That's a nice amount of flour that you recovered , how much came from the roots.

Good luck on your next outing, and stay safe out there.

I would say an easy 60-70%. 

• Like 1

The roots is just like miners moss both good at catching gold.

Chuck 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

The roots is just like miners moss both good at catching gold.

Chuck 

You bet! Much easier then shovelling gravel. You can literally pull up a chair, wash some roots and drink a cold beer too!🍺

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, John-Edmonton said:

You can literally pull up a chair, wash some roots and drink a cold beer too!🍺

Beer?

I have to have something a little bit stronger than that, some high grade moonshine would do the best.

Hey John 

If you got a root beer I’ll sit down with you and shoot the bull with you. I found out long ago with one beer I’d chase just about anything with a dress on but now at my age it could be the end of me.haha

You reporting the gold you finding keeps us going that can’t get out there.

Thanks for your time!

Chuck 

• The title was changed to Like A Hot Summer's Day Today....... Winter Storm Forcast Tomorrow Night. Crazy Weather In My Neck Of The Woods.
1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

Hey John 

If you got a root beer I’ll sit down with you and shoot the bull with you. I found out long ago with one beer I’d chase just about anything with a dress on but now at my age it could be the end of me.haha

You reporting the gold you finding keeps us going that can’t get out there.

Thanks for your time!

Chuck 

Well Chuck, full retirement  end of May. At 69 I feel blessed that I still have the body that allows me to prospect. I can't comment on the grey matter in my head. I do love the photography part of prospecting, and enjoy putting together the posts. We ALL need to keep our bodies moving and our brains challenged to get the most of our senior years.

"When we are young, we should exercise. When we get old, we GOT-TO!"

• Like 3

12 hours ago, John-Edmonton said:

Too much of that stuff and you will go color blind.👀

Before I ever had a beer my grandfather got me hooked on moonshine, and that is my drink of choice. I am having some right now as a matter of fact in a normal size coffee cup. I won't drink in excess because will not get drunk and get a DUI. Most of my drinking is at home with my girlfriend, and yes my grandfather taught me that is the best place to do it. He was right and I have never got into trouble with the law over it, only a couple of girls have caused a few problems while I had been drinking because they couldn't handle it.

• Like 1